Os conselhos municipais do FUNDEF: gestão democrática e controle social.
José Wellington Marinho de Aragão
DATA DE PUBLICAÇÃO
This study, based on a qualitative approach, presents and comparatively analyzes four case studies about the Fundef Council, conducted in Bahian municipalities and covering the period 1998-2001. It analyzes the institutional processes associated with the creation, installation and operation of the Municipal Councils for the Monitoring and Social Control of Fundef, as determined by Federal Law no. 9.424/96. It also examines the viewpoint of the council members with regard to both themselves and the institutional role that the representative councils perform. The study examines social representation in terms of aspects such as selection, nomination and legitimization, and it analyzes the effective participation and professional capacitation of the council members. The investigation reveals that the functions of monitoring and control are practically non-existent in virture of the fact that the councils can be characterized as being more statist than social in nature. An analysis to the empirical data reveals an inauspicious situation with respect to the competency with which council members perform the tasks and responsibilities stipulated in federal legislation. The majority of the counselors merely confer and verify routine administrative accounts (such as the payments made through the Fundef bank account). The principal conclusions of the study indicate that the work of Councils for the Monitoring and Social Control of Fundef is strongly influenced by the fact that the chief municipal executive is typically a council member. Moreover, it is clear that the councils are more involved with fiscal oversight than with evaluating the merit of how Fundef resources are utilized for the maintenance and development of fundamental education and the promotion of teacher valuation.
- Os desafios dos Conselhos de Acompanhamento e Controle Social do FUNDEF
- O controle social e a participação democrática nos conselhos municipais de saúde da Ride-DF
- O conselho de acompanhamento e controle social do Fundef: um estudo de caso do município de São Paulo.
- FISCALIZAÇÃO E CONTROLE DO FUNDEF: AÇÃO DOS ÓRGÃOS DO ESTADO E DOS CONSELHOS DE ACOMPANHAMENTO E CONTROLE SOCIAL NOS MUNICÍPIOS DE DUQUE DE CAXIAS E RIO DE JANEIRO
- O controle social e público da gestão financeira da educação através dos conselhos municipais em Triunfo