Determining Factors Affecting Consumer’s Decision to Purchase Organic Chicken Meat
Braz. J. Poult. Sci.
DATA DE PUBLICAÇÃO
ABSTRACT In the present study, the effect of consumers’ perception levels (product, price, and benefit perception), consciousness levels (health, environment, and animal welfare), and sociodemographic characteristics on the purchase decision of organic chicken meat were examined.Logistic regression analysis was used to determine the relationship between the purchase decision of organic chicken meat and the perception level, consciousness level, sociodemographic characteristics. As a result of the analyses made, it has been determined that organic chicken meat naturalness perception, value-quality perception, health control awareness, awareness of animal life quality, and income level havestatistically significant effects on the probability of purchasing organic chicken meat.In conclusion, to raise consumer awareness the issues that need to be emphasized are that organic meat is natural, reliable, healthy and suitable for animal welfare.
- Chicken nuggets packaging attributes impact on consumer purchase intention
- Consumer behavior: conditioners on the purchase decision of fluid milk
- Consumer's inflation expectations in Brazil
- The Annual Consumer's Guide to Health & Medicine on the Internet 2000.
- Understanding the factors behind the decision to purchase varying coverage amounts of long-term care insurance.