Mostrando 1-12 de 1615 artigos, teses e dissertações.
1. Overexpression of eukaryotic initiation factor 5A (eIF5A) affects susceptibility to benznidazole in Trypanosoma cruzi populations
Eukaryotic initiation factor 5A (eIF5A) is a conserved protein with an essential role in translation elongation. Using one and two-dimensional western blotting, we showed that the eIF5A protein level was 2-fold lower in benznidazole (BZ)-resistant (BZR and 17LER) Trypanosoma cruzi populations than in their respective susceptible counterparts (BZS and 17WTS).
Mem. Inst. Oswaldo Cruz. Publicado em: 26/07/2018
2. Occurrences of triatomines (Hemiptera: Reduviidae) and first reports of Panstrongylus geniculatus in urban environments in the city of Sao Paulo, Brazil
ABSTRACT This note reports on occurrences of triatomine species in the city of Sao Paulo, Brazil, registered between 1988 and 2017. Records of triatomines captured in Sao Paulo are based on specimens received spontaneously from Health Surveillance Centers, Health Centers and Zoonosis Control Centers in the city as well as from citizens. Species were identifi
Rev. Inst. Med. trop. S. Paulo. Publicado em: 19/07/2018
3. Curcumin exerts anti-inflammatory and vasoprotective effects through amelioration of NFAT-dependent endothelin-1 production in mice with acute Chagas cardiomyopathy
BACKGROUND The anti-inflammatory and cardioprotective properties of curcumin (Cur), a natural polyphenolic flavonoid isolated from the rhizomes of Curcuma longa, are increasingly considered to have beneficial effects on the progression of Chagas heart disease, caused by the protozoan parasite Trypanosoma cruzi. OBJECTIVE To evaluate the effects of oral t
Mem. Inst. Oswaldo Cruz. Publicado em: 16/07/2018
4. Trypanosoma cruzi XRNA granules colocalise with distinct mRNP granules at the nuclear periphery
BACKGROUND Eukaryotic ribonucleoprotein (RNP) granules are important for the regulation of RNA fate. RNP granules exist in trypanosomatids; however, their roles in controlling gene expression are still not understood. XRNA is a component of granules in Trypanosoma brucei but has not been investigated in Trypanosoma cruzi. OBJECTIVES This study aimed to inv
Mem. Inst. Oswaldo Cruz. Publicado em: 18/06/2018
5. Assessment of genetic mutation frequency induced by oxidative stress in Trypanosoma cruzi
Abstract Trypanosoma cruzi is the etiological agent of Chagas disease, a public health challenge due to its morbidity and mortality rates, which affects around 6-7 million people worldwide. Symptoms, response to chemotherapy, and the course of Chagas disease are greatly influenced by T. cruzi‘s intra-specific variability. Thus, DNA mutations in this parasi
Genet. Mol. Biol.. Publicado em: 11/06/2018
6. Systematic neonatal screening for congenital Chagas disease in Northeast Brazil: prevalence of Trypanosoma cruzi infection in the Southern region of Sergipe
Abstract INTRODUCTION: Chagas disease is caused by the flagellate protozoan Trypanosoma cruzi, being one of the leading causes of morbidity and mortality in the Americas with an estimated six to seven million infected people worldwide. In Brazil, the improvement in vector control and blood donor screening has evidenced the important epidemiological role of
Rev. Soc. Bras. Med. Trop.. Publicado em: 2018-06
7. Subcellular localisation of FLAG tagged enzymes of the dynamic protein S-palmitoylation cycle of Trypanosoma cruzi epimastigotes
Dynamic S-palmitoylation of proteins is the addition of palmitic acid by zDHHC palmitoyl transferases (PATs) and depalmitoylation by palmitoyl protein thioesterases (PPTs). A putative PAT (TcPAT1) has been previously identified in Trypanosoma cruzi, the etiological agent of Chagas disease. Here we analyse other 14 putative TcPATs and 2 PPTs in the parasite g
Mem. Inst. Oswaldo Cruz. Publicado em: 28/05/2018
8. Anticorpos anti-tripanossomatídeos em gatos domésticos no Paraná: quem está em maior risco de infecção?
Resumo O objetivo desse estudo foi detectar a presença de anticorpos IgG anti-Leishmania spp. e anti-Trypanosoma cruzi em duas populações de gatos domésticos (Felis catus domesticus) do Norte do Paraná encaminhados para castração cirúrgica e determinar quais as características dos animais estudados que podem estar associadas à soropositividade. Am
Rev. Bras. Parasitol. Vet.. Publicado em: 24/05/2018
9. Acute Chagas disease in the state of Pará, Amazon Region: is it increasing?
Acute Chagas disease (ACD) has a distinct epidemiological profile in the Amazon Region, with cases and outbreaks of Trypanosoma cruzi infection being possibly related to the ingestion of contaminated food. Data on ACD in the state of Pará retrieved from 2000 to 2016 from the Brazilian Notifiable Diseases Information System (SINAN) were evaluated. During thi
Mem. Inst. Oswaldo Cruz. Publicado em: 07/05/2018
10. Trypanosoma cruzi transcriptome during axenic epimastigote growth curve
BACKGROUND Trypanosoma cruzi is an important protozoan parasite and the causative agent of Chagas disease. A critical step in understanding T. cruzi biology is the study of cellular and molecular features exhibited during its growth curve. OBJECTIVES We aimed to acquire a global view of the gene expression profile of T. cruzi during epimastigote growth.
Mem. Inst. Oswaldo Cruz. Publicado em: 09/04/2018
11. Natural infection by Trypanosoma cruzi in triatomines and seropositivity for Chagas disease of dogs in rural areas of Rio Grande do Norte, Brazil
Abstract INTRODUCTION: Chagas disease is caused by the protozoa Trypanosoma cruzi. Its main reservoir is the domestic dog, especially in rural areas with favorable characteristics for vector establishment and proliferation. The aims of this study were to collect data, survey and map the fauna, and identify T. cruzi infection in triatomines, as well as to a
Rev. Soc. Bras. Med. Trop.. Publicado em: 2018-04
12. Insect vectors of Chagas disease (Trypanosoma cruzi) in Northeastern Brazil
Abstract INTRODUCTION: Chagas disease remains a public health problem in the rural and urban areas of 19 countries in the Americas. METHODS: The aim of the present study was to investigate the Trypanosoma cruzi infection rate of triatomines collected from both intra- and peridomiciliary areas in eleven municipalities of Southeastern Ceará, Brazil, from
Rev. Soc. Bras. Med. Trop.. Publicado em: 2018-04