Linear Growth Deficit
Mostrando 13-17 de 17 artigos, teses e dissertações.
13. Avaliação do estado nutricional de crianças de seis a sessenta meses participantes de um programa de atenção precoce a saude / Evaluation of the nutritional status of children aged 6 to 60 months enrolled in a health early care program
The evaluation process of physical growth is an indicator for the analysis of health and nutritional risks of individuals and/or groups. The aim of this study was to investigate the nutritional status of children participating in a health early intervention care program. This cross-sectional study included 487 children, aged 6-60 months. Nutritional status e
Publicado em: 2007
14. Efeitos do estresse hÃdrico no controle do superbrotamento e na produtividade do alho vernalizado. / Water stress effects in the control of the secondary bulb growth and in the vernalizated garlic productivity.
The secondary bulb growth is the genetic-physiologic anomaly causing more damages in the culture of the garlic, affecting, mainly, the bulbs commercial production. The excess of water in the bulbification time, it has been pointed out the main factors that contribute to the occurrence of this abnormality. Irrigation suspension during the bulbification time,
Publicado em: 2005
15. Combining Quantitative Trait Loci Analysis and an Ecophysiological Model to Analyze the Genetic Variability of the Responses of Maize Leaf Growth to Temperature and Water Deficit1
Ecophysiological models predict quantitative traits of one genotype in any environment, whereas quantitative trait locus (QTL) models predict the contribution of alleles to quantitative traits under a limited number of environments. We have combined both approaches by dissecting into effects of QTLs the parameters of a model of maize (Zea mays) leaf elongati
American Society of Plant Biologists.
16. Spatial Distribution of Cell Division Rate Can Be Deduced from that of p34cdc2 Kinase Activity in Maize Leaves Grown at Contrasting Temperatures and Soil Water Conditions1
We have investigated the spatial distributions of cell division rate, p34cdc2 kinase activity, and amount of p34cdc2a in maize (Zea mays) leaves grown at contrasting temperatures and soil water conditions. An original method for calculating cell division rate in all leaf tissues is proposed. In all studied conditions, cell division rate was stable and maximu
American Society of Plant Physiologists.
17. Therapeutic angiogenesis. A single intraarterial bolus of vascular endothelial growth factor augments revascularization in a rabbit ischemic hind limb model.
Vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) is a heparin-binding, endothelial cell-specific mitogen. Previous studies have suggested that VEGF is a regulator of naturally occurring physiologic and pathologic angiogenesis. In this study we investigated the hypothesis that the angiogenic potential of VEGF is sufficient to constitute a therapeutic effect. The sol