Validation of a High Performance Liquid Chromatography Method for Aflatoxins Determination in Corn Arepas
Martínez-Miranda, Marcela, Taborda-Ocampo, Gonzalo, Rosero-Moreano, Milton
J. Braz. Chem. Soc.
DATA DE PUBLICAÇÃO
Aflatoxins are toxic metabolites produced by Aspergillus species in raw materials and foodstuffs from agricultural sources. Due to the fact that aflatoxins are potentially carcinogenetic, it is important to have reliable analytic methods that allow determining their levels in food matrices. The main aim of this investigation was to validate the method for aflatoxins determination by high performance liquid chromatography in corn arepas, which are widely consumed in the Colombian coffee region. The evaluated parameters were robustness, selectivity, linearity, sensitivity, repeatability, intermediate precision and recovery. The methodology was successfully validated with and optimal selectivity, linearity > 0.9998, limits of detection and quantification lower than 0.10 μg kg−1, relative standard deviation < 4.5% and recovery > 76.6%. Also, 144 corn arepas samples were analyzed and aflatoxins were found in 9.72% of them, with levels between 0.95 and 11.56 μg kg−1.
- Validation of high performance liquid chromatography method for determination of meloxicam loaded PEGylated nanocapsules
- Development and Validation of a High-Performance Liquid Chromatography Assay for Voriconazole
- Development and validation of a High Performance Liquid Chromatographic method for determination of etoposide in biodegradable polymeric implants
- Development and validation of a high performance liquid chromatographic method for determination of cyclosporine-A from biodegradable intraocular implants
- Development and validation of a quantification method for α-humulene and trans-caryophyllene in Cordia verbenacea by high performance liquid chromatography