Synthesis and characterization of copolymers from hindered amines and vinyl monomers
Chinelatto, Marcelo Aparecido, Agnelli, José Augusto Marcondes, Canevarolo, Sebastião Vicente
DATA DE PUBLICAÇÃO
New copolymers from hindered amines and vinyl monomers were synthesized by radical chain polymerization. To obtain polymeric HALS, acrylamide-(1ATP) and acrylate-(4ATP) monomers, derivatives from 2,2,6,6-tetramethylpiperidine and 2,2,6,6-tetramethyl-4-piperidinol were synthesized. The radical chain polymerization of 1ATP with styrene (Sty) using 1-butanethiol (BTN) resulted in a copolymer with 95 units of Sty and 15 units of 1ATP. The radical chain polymerization of 1ATP and vinyl acetate (VAc) has produced only 1ATP homopolymer. In the chain polymerization of 4ATP with Sty or VAc, the hydrogen atom bonded to the nitrogen of 4ATP is labile enough to originate another radical at this site. The steric hindrance imposed by methyl groups on this bonding site hampers its reaction with other propagating species and the formation of a copolymer or network structure will be dependent on the size of the pendent group in the vinyl monomer.
- Synthesis and applications of polystyrene-block-poly(N-vinyl-2-pyrrolidone) copolymers
- Synthesis and characterization of new 3-substituted thiophene copolymers
- Synthesis and Characterization of Polydimethylsiloxane end-Modified Polystyrene from Poly(Styrene – co –Vinyltriethoxysilane) Copolymers
- An improved synthesis of oligodeoxynucleotide N3'-->P5' phosphoramidates and their chimera using hindered phosphoramidite monomers and a novel handle for reverse phase purification.
- Synthesis and characterization of amphiphilic block copolymers by transesterification for nanoparticle production