Influence of Crystallization and Ageing Time on the Reproducibility of Mesoporous Molecular Sieve SBA-15
Silva, Lidiane Sabino da
Matéria (Rio J.)
DATA DE PUBLICAÇÃO
ABSTRACT The study aimed to assess how the crystallization and ageing times in SBA-15 synthesis influence the reproducibility and particle size of mesoporous molecular sieves. X-ray diffraction showed that higher crystallization times provide greater reproducibility of mesoporous silica, due to the fact that there is no significant variation in the width and intensity of peaks, while the same is not true for shorter crystallization times. Ageing time does not seem to exercise a significant influence when higher crystallization times are used in the synthesis. Scanning electron microscopy observations revealed that shorter crystallization times led to larger crystals in addition to the formation of large agglomerates, whereas with higher crystallization times the trend is to obtain smaller and more uniform grains. It is proposed that hydrogen bonds may be responsible for the formation of smaller particles and it is also established that depending on the synthesis conditions the reproducibility of the process can become low.
- The adjuvant effect of the mesoporous nanostructurated SBA-15 silica in immunizations by the oral route.
- Study on the adsorption of heavy metal ions from aqueous solution on modified SBA-15
- SÃntese de sÃlica mesoporosa SBA 15 funcionalizada para teste de sorÃÃo de metais pesados
- Efeito da sílica nanoestruturada SBA-15 na apresentação antigênica e na resposta imune.
- Compatibility drug/excipient and stability studies of prednicarbate by thermal analysis, and loading of drug in mesoporous silica type SBA-15