Genetic characterization of human c-rel sequences.
We isolated and sequenced a human genomic-DNA segment that is homologous to a portion of v-rel, the transforming gene of reticuloendotheliosis virus (strain T). We also localized the human rel sequences to human chromosome 2 by screening a panel of rodent X human somatic-cell hybrids with the newly described human rel segment.
ACESSO AO ARTIGOhttp://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?artid=367021
- Characterization of a novel promoter insertion in the c-rel locus.
- Transformation of avian fibroblasts overexpressing the c-rel proto-oncogene and a variant of c-rel lacking 40 C-terminal amino acids.
- In vivo evolution of c-rel oncogenic potential.
- Activation of oncogenicity of the c-rel proto-oncogene.
- c-rel activates but v-rel suppresses transcription from kappa B sites.