Efficiency measures for a non-homogeneous group of family farmers
Gomes, Eliane Gonçalves, Mello, João Carlos Correia Baptista Soares de, Freitas, Antônio Carlos Reis de
DATA DE PUBLICAÇÃO
DEA models assume the homogeneity of the units under evaluation (DMUs). However,in some cases, the DMUs use different production technologies. In such cases, they should be evaluated separately. In this paper we evaluate the efficiency of family farmers from the Brazilian Eastern Amazon, who use different agricultural production systems. We propose an alternative algorithm to assess the global efficiency, taking into account the non-homogeneity. The results show that the farmers that use the classical technology are more efficient than those considered "environmental friendly", as we took into account only the economic point of view.
- Magnetic stimulation for non-homogeneous biological structures
- Three-dimensional reconstruction of non-homogeneous dielectric objects by the coupled-dipole method
- Propagation of SH Waves in a Double Non-Homogeneous Crustal Layers of Finite Depth Lying Over an Homogeneous Half-Space
- EFFECTS AND APPLICATIONS OF NON-HOMOGENEOUS STRAINS IN BRAGG GRATINGS
- Efficiency and sustainability assessment for a group of farmers in the Brazilian Amazon.