AN ALTERNATIVE ROUTE TO PRODUCE STANDARDS FOR GEL PERMEATION CHROMATOGRAPHY USING NITROXIDE MEDIATED POLYMERIZATION
Malere, C. P. R., Lona, L. M. F.
Braz. J. Chem. Eng.
DATA DE PUBLICAÇÃO
Abstract All over the world standards for Gel Permeation Chromatography (GPC) are produced using ionic polymerization. Standards are commercialized in a broad range of molecular weight and their dispersity (Ð) must be lower than 1.1. This work proposes the synthesis of polystyrene standards using Nitroxide Mediated Polymerization (NMP), an alternative technique to produce controlled polymers that is much more robust when compared to ionic polymerization. Standards with different ranges of molecular weights were obtained, all of them with very narrow molecular weight distribution (MWD) and dispersity (Ð) lower than 1.10. In order to do that, several combinations of different initiators were tested. Advanced GPC Triple Detector was used to obtain important properties, such as absolute number and weight average molecular weights, dispersity and intrinsic viscosity. The analytical method used in the characterization of the samples was in-house validated in terms of linearity, accuracy, precision, repeatability and robustness. The validation study demonstrated the quality of the measurements and ensured that the information obtained for a given analyte by the GPC technique is reliable.
- Síntese e caracterização de padrão de poliestireno para cromatografia de permeação em gel através da polimerização via radical livre controlada mediada por radicais nitróxidos
- Purification of cDNA for cloning using high performance gel permeation chromatography.
- Polimerização em solução mediada por nitróxido para a produção de poliestireno monodisperso
- “Agroinfection,” an alternative route for viral infection of plants by using the Ti plasmid
- Nitroxide mediated and atom transfer radical graft polymerization of atactic polymers onto syndiotactic polystyrene