Academic medical center libraries on the Web.
Tannery, N H
Academic medical center libraries are moving towards publishing electronically, utilizing networked technologies, and creating digital libraries. The catalyst for this movement has been the Web. An analysis of academic medical center library Web pages was undertaken to assess the information created and communicated in early 1997. A summary of present uses and suggestions for future applications is provided. A method for evaluating and describing the content of library Web sites was designed. The evaluation included categorizing basic information such as description and access to library services, access to commercial databases, and use of interactive forms. The main goal of the evaluation was to assess original resources produced by these libraries.
ACESSO AO ARTIGOhttp://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?artid=226448
- Mutation databases on the Web.
- CliniWeb: managing clinical information on the World Wide Web.
- Building national electronic medical record systems via the World Wide Web.
- Minerador WEB: a study on mechanisms of discovery of information in the WEB.
- The medical information needs of internists and pediatricians at an academic medical center.