Mostrando 13-19 de 19 artigos, teses e dissertações.
13. Biometrical aspects of QTL detection in cultivated species. / Aspectos biométricos da detecção de QTL S ("Quantitative Trait Loci") em espécies cultivadas.
In general terms, QTL mapping di®ers from other research ac-tivities in genetics. Being basically a multiple test procedure, problems arise which are related to the joint level of signi¯cance of the analysis, and consequently, to its power. Using computational simulation of data, the power of simple marker analysis, carried out through multiple linear regr
Publicado em: 2001
14. Potencial de linhagens de populações locais de milho pipoca para síntese de híbridos
Médias dos principais caracteres agronômicos de top crosses foram utilizadas para avaliação do potencial de 82 linhagens da variedade de milho pipoca Guarani e 27 da variedade IAC-64 para síntese de híbridos, utilizando-se como testador um híbrido simples de linhagens da variedade South American Mushroom (SAM). Os top crosses foram distribuídos nos e
Bragantia. Publicado em: 2000
15. Genetic analysis of mutations that compensate for loss of Escherichia coli DNA topoisomerase I.
A transposon Tn10 insertion in topA, the structural gene of Escherichia coli DNA topoisomerase I, behaves as an excluded marker in genetic crosses with many strains of E. coli. However, derivative strains that accept this mutant topA allele are readily selected. We show that many of these topA mutant strains contain additional mutations that compensate for t
16. Infertility and aneuploidy in mice lacking a type IA DNA topoisomerase IIIβ
We report that disruption of the mouse TOP3β gene encoding DNA topoisomerase IIIβ, one of the two mammalian type IA DNA topoisomerases, leads to a progressive reduction in fecundity. The litter size in crosses of top3β−/− mice decreases over time and through successive generations, and this decrease seems to reflect embryonic death rather than impaire
The National Academy of Sciences.
17. The I-CeuI endonuclease recognizes a sequence of 19 base pairs and preferentially cleaves the coding strand of the Chlamydomonas moewusii chloroplast large subunit rRNA gene.
The I-CeuI endonuclease is a member of the growing family of homing endonucleases that catalyse mobility of group I introns by making a double-strand break at the homing site of these introns in cognate intronless alleles during genetic crosses. In a previous study, we have shown that a short DNA fragment of 26 bp, encompassing the homing site of the fifth i
18. Molecular and Genetic Characterization of a Novel Pleiotropic Tomato-Ripening Mutant1
In this paper we describe a novel, dominant pleiotropic tomato (Lycopersicon esculentum)-ripening mutation, Cnr (colorless nonripening). This mutant occurred spontaneously in a commercial population. Cnr has a phenotype that is quite distinct from that of the other pleiotropic tomato-ripening mutants and is characterized by fruit that show greatly reduced et
American Society of Plant Physiologists.
19. Population Size and Selection Intensity Effects on Long-Term Selection Response in Mice
Long-term response to within full-sib family selection for increased postweaning gain was evaluated in lines having different effective population sizes (Ne) and selection intensities (i). Line designations were I4(4), I8(2), I16(2), M4(4), M8(2) and M16(2), where I and M indicate selection of the top 50% and 25%, respectively; 4, 8 and 16 represent the numb