Mostrando 25-36 de 36 artigos, teses e dissertações.
25. Testing the common neural integrator hypothesis at the level of the individual abducens motoneurones in the alert cat.
1. As far as horizontal eye movements are concerned, the well-known hypothesis of a common neural integrator states that the eye-position signal is generated by a common network, regardless of the type of versional movement. The aim of this study was to evaluate the validity of this hypothesis by analysing the behaviour of the abducens motoneurones, the syst
26. Clock genes and metabolic disease
The circadian system is a key integrator of behavior and metabolism that synchronizes physiological processes with the rotation of the Earth on its axis. In mammals, the clock is present not only within the central pacemaker neurons of the hypothalamus, but also within extra-suprachiasmatic nucleus (SCN) regions of brain and nearly all peripheral tissues. Re
American Physiological Society.
27. The hypothesis of the uniqueness of the oculomotor neural integrator: direct experimental evidence in the cat.
1. As far as horizontal eye movements are concerned, the well-known hypothesis, not yet experimentally proved, of the common neural integrator states that the eye-position signal is generated by a common network, regardless of the type of versional movement. The aim of this study was to evaluate the validity of this hypothesis by checking whether the sensiti
28. A unifying basis of auditory thresholds based on temporal summation
Thresholds of auditory-nerve (AN) fibers and auditory neurons are commonly specified in terms of sound pressure only, implying that they are independent of time. At the perceptual level, however, the sound pressure required for detection decreases with increasing stimulus duration, suggesting that the auditory system integrates sound over time. The quantity
The National Academy of Sciences.
29. QIS: A Framework for Biomedical Database Federation
Query Integrator System (QIS) is a database mediator framework intended to address robust data integration from continuously changing heterogeneous data sources in the biosciences. Currently in the advanced prototype stage, it is being used on a production basis to integrate data from neuroscience databases developed for the SenseLab project at Yale Universi
American Medical Informatics Association.
30. Differential effect of injections of kainic acid into the prepositus and the vestibular nuclei of the cat.
1. In order adequately to control eye movements, oculomotoneurones have to be supplied with both an eye-velocity signal and an eye-position signal. However, all the command signals of the oculomotor system are velocity signals. Nowadays, there is general agreement about the existence of a brainstem network that would convert velocity command-signals into an
31. Regulation of hormone-sensitive calcium influx by the adenylyl cyclase system in renal epithelial cells.
To study signaling pathways regulated by alpha s and alpha i1 in renal epithelial cells, we expressed mutant, activated forms of alpha s and alpha i1 in a continuous proximal tubule cell line (MCT cells). alpha sQ227L increased cAMP production, and alpha ilQ204L reduced forskolin-sensitive cAMP production. alpha ilQ204L increased and alpha sQ227L decreased b
32. Distribution of mRNA for vanilloid receptor subtype 1 (VR1), and VR1-like immunoreactivity, in the central nervous system of the rat and human
The cloned vanilloid receptor VR1 has attracted recent attention as a molecular integrator of painful stimuli on primary sensory neurons. The existence of vanilloid-sensitive neurons in the brain is, however, controversial. In this study, we have used an antibody and a complementary RNA probe to explore the distribution of neurons that express VR1 in rat and
The National Academy of Sciences.
33. SLP-65 Phosphorylation Dynamics Reveals a Functional Basis for Signal Integration by Receptor-proximal Adaptor Proteins*
Understanding intracellular signal transduction by cell surface receptors requires information about the precise order of relevant modifications on the early transducer elements. Here we introduce the B cell line DT40 and its genetically engineered variants as a model system to determine and functionally characterize post-translational protein modifications
The American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology.
34. A look at neural integration in the human auditory system through the stapedius muscle reflex
Ipsilateral and contralateral stapedius muscle contractions were studied as functions of the sound pressure level (SPL) and duration of 2-kHz tone bursts. The study complemented a preceding study in which temporal summation of stapedius muscle contractions produced by pairs of short tone bursts was determined and analyzed. The muscle contractions were de
National Academy of Sciences.
35. Vascular MADs: Two novel MAD-related genes selectively inducible by flow in human vascular endothelium
Vascular endothelium is an important transducer and integrator of both humoral and biomechanical stimuli within the cardiovascular system. Utilizing a differential display approach, we have identified two genes, Smad6 and Smad7, encoding members of the MAD-related family of molecules, selectively induced in cultured human vascular endothelial cells by steady
The National Academy of Sciences of the USA.
36. Lesions in the cat prepositus complex: effects on the optokinetic system.
The effects of bilateral lesions within and around the prepositus hypoglossi (p.h.) nuclei on the optokinetic system were studied. The pure optokinetic nystagmus (o.k.n.) was evoked by a step of velocity (60 deg/s, 30 s duration) of the surrounding. The visual-vestibular interaction was investigated by measuring the gain and phase of the vestibulo-ocular ref