Mostrando 1-12 de 28 artigos, teses e dissertações.
1. Pan, Syrinx e siringomielia
RESUMO Muchos mitos y leyendas han tenido una profunda influencia sobre el lenguaje y el uso del argot médico moderno. Los términos “syrinx” y “pánico” son dos de los ejemplos más característicos y su uso en neurología y otras especialidades es bien conocido. Este artículo revisa la historia de estas palabras en la mitología griega y su uso e
Arq. Neuro-Psiquiatr.. Publicado em: 2017-12
2. Direcionalidade em duas melodias do século XX: Syrinx, de Claude Debussy e a primeira das Três peças para clarinete solo, de Igor Stravinsky
O presente trabalho analisa a estruturação melódica das peças Syrinx, de Claude Debussy, e a primeira das Três peças para clarinete solo, de Igor Stravinsky, em busca dos procedimentos geradores de direcionalidade no discurso. Para tal, foram considerados aspectos como dinâmica, estrutura rítmica, composição intervalar e movimento no registro. Ao f
Per musi. Publicado em: 2012-12
3. Avaliação de duas ferramentas para a representação das variáveis acústicas implicadas no vibrato da flauta.
This work investigated the flute vibrato, to determine which analytical tools that represent it in a more comprehensive way. Our aim is to use these tools to improve flute instrumental technic. After considering previously published works on this topic, it has been decided to focus this investigation on the following vibrato acoustical parameters: extent, ra
IBICT - Instituto Brasileiro de Informação em Ciência e Tecnologia. Publicado em: 08/08/2011
4. Filogenia de Ramphastidae (Aves: Piciformes), com base em caracteres morfológicos siringeais / Phylogeny of the Ramphastidae (Aves: Piciformes) based on morphological siringeal characters
The family Ramphastidae is represented by the commonly known toucans, toucanets and aracaris, and is endemic to the Neotropics. Around 33 species, distributed in six traditional genera, are recognized. In this research study, a phylogenetic hypothesis for representatives of this family based on syringeal characters was tested. The syrinx is the organ respons
Publicado em: 2008
5. Análise filogenética de Psittaciformes (Aves) com base em caracteres morfológicos siringeais e osteológicos / Phylogenetic analysis of Psittaciformes (Aves) based on siringeal and osteological morphological characters
This study proposes hypothesis of phylogenetic relationships among representatives of the Order Psittaciformes, based on morphological characters (osteological, mainly from skull, and anatomical of syrinx), using the Principle of Parsimony for analysis of data. As previous knowledge on the compared anatomy of syrinx in the order is still restricted, with its
Publicado em: 2007
6. Caracterização Morfológica de Três Espécies de Broca-da-Haste em Chuchuzeiro (Coleoptera: Cerambycidae, Lamiinae)
A ocorrência simultânea de Adetus analis (Haldeman), Adetus fuscoapicalis Breuning e Plerodia syrinx (Bates) (Coleoptera: Cerambycidae, Lamiinae), broqueando ramos de chuchuzeiro Sechium edule (Jaqc.) Sw., é relatada. A. analis é sinônima de A. muticus (Thomson), que foi referida por diversos autores no Brasil. A. analis e A. fuscoapicalis são muito se
Neotropical Entomology. Publicado em: 2001-09
7. Syringomyelia: cyst measurement by magnetic resonance imaging and comparison with symptoms, signs and disability.
The severity and distribution of symptoms and signs in patients with syringomyelia is considered to be dependent on the longitudinal and transverse dimensions of the syrinx and it is thought that clinical examination can identify the extent of the cyst. Magnetic resonance imaging has made the anatomical localisation of intramedullary spinal lesions more exac
8. Syrinx 2A: an improved lambda phage vector designed for screening DNA libraries by recombination in vivo.
The Syrinx 2A phage and pi AN13 plasmid were designed for screening of DNA libraries by homologous recombination in vivo. Syrinx 2A carries multiple cloning sites and a recently identified lambda gene, rap (recombination adept with plasmid), required for efficient phage-plasmid recombination. We describe a rapid, reliable, and technically easy method to scre
9. A new mechanism of sound generation in songbirds
Our current understanding of the sound-generating mechanism in the songbird vocal organ, the syrinx, is based on indirect evidence and theoretical treatments. The classical avian model of sound production postulates that the medial tympaniform membranes (MTM) are the principal sound generators. We tested the role of the MTM in sound generation and studied th
The National Academy of Sciences of the USA.
10. Syrinx associated with intramedullary metastasis.
Two cases are reported of syrinx associated with an intramedullary metastasis. The first presented with hyperaesthesia in the right arm and bilateral pyramidal leg weakness, the second with a partial right sided Brown Sequard syndrome with a sensory level at D6. A possible pathological mechanism for the development of such syrinxes is discussed.
11. Syringomyelia and arachnoiditis.
Five patients with chronic arachnoiditis and syringomyelia were studied. Three patients had early life meningitis and developed symptoms of syringomyelia eight, 21, and 23 years after the acute infection. One patient had a spinal dural thoracic AVM and developed a thoracic syrinx 11 years after spinal subarachnoid haemorrhage and five years after surgery on
12. MRI measurement of syrinx size before and after operation.
When patients with syringomyelia fail to improve after operation, factors such as incomplete cyst decompression or type of operation are often implicated. MRI has been used to confirm adequate syrinx decompression post-operatively and to compare the degree of collapse with the type of operation. Foramen magnum decompression was at least as effective in reduc