Mostrando 1-7 de 7 artigos, teses e dissertações.
1. Some aspects of chicken behavior and welfare
Brazil is the world leader in broiler production and export. It achieved this position mainly to its excellent supply chain structure and climate, which favor poultry and grain production throughout its territory. Although Brazilian egg production is not as important as broiler production, this segment presents great potential of increasing its share in the
Rev. Bras. Cienc. Avic.. Publicado em: 2012-09
2. In vitro anti-inflammatory, cytotoxic and antioxidant activities of boesenbergin A, a chalcone isolated from Boesenbergia rotunda (L.) (fingerroot)
The current in vitro study was designed to investigate the anti-inflammatory, cytotoxic and antioxidant activities of boesenbergin A (BA), a chalcone derivative of known structure isolated from Boesenbergia rotunda. Human hepatocellular carcinoma (HepG2), colon adenocarcinoma (HT-29), non-small cell lung cancer (A549), prostate adenocarcinoma (PC3), and norm
Brazilian Journal of Medical and Biological Research. Publicado em: 2012-06
3. Doenças respiratórias e fatores associados: Inquérito de Saúde no Município de São Paulo ISA-CAPITAL 2008 / Respiratory diseases and risk factors: Health survey in São Paulo ISA-CAPITAL 2008
Introduction - Respiratory diseases - asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), allergic rhinitis, sinusitis and acute bronchitis - are among the leading causes of morbidity, mortality and financial burden for the population and the health system in Brazil and worldwide. Objective - To assess the prevalence of and the risk factors for respiratory
IBICT - Instituto Brasileiro de Informação em Ciência e Tecnologia. Publicado em: 26/08/2011
4. Cibersegurança em sistemas de automação em plantas de tratamento de água. / Cibersecurity in automation systems in water treatment plants.
Currently, information security is a constant concern of the several institutions and countries that use computing resources for communication and service offering purposes. Protection methods and countermeasures for traditional networks such as firewalls and intrusion detectors are known and ordinarily used. The same goes for control systems and data acquis
Publicado em: 2010
5. Internal surface area and other measurements in emphysema
Some measurements of emphysema were made on 29 pairs of non-emphysematous lungs and 44 pairs of emphysematous lungs inflated at a standard transpulmonary pressure of 25 cm. of formalin. These were: a subjective visual assessment (units); an assessment of the volume of the lung parenchyma involved by emphysema (point count); an average subjective visual gradi
6. Comparative effects of beta adrenergic blocking drugs.
Although many different beta blockers are now in clinical use, there is very little information concerning their relative efficacy, and it is still not clear what clinical importance should be attached to properties such as positive inotropic stimulation (intrinsic sympathomimetic activity or ISA) and membrane stabilizing action ("local anaesthetic effect" o
7. Measles Virus-Specific Immunoglobulin G Isotype Immune Response in Early and Late Infections
A total of 154 human serum samples (32 acute-phase and 22 convalescent-phase serum samples obtained within a week and between days 8 and 26 after the onset of rash, respectively, and 100 samples drawn from healthy immune adults) were processed by an immunofluorescence assay for the detection of immunoglobulin M (IgM), total immunoglobulin G (IgG), IgG1, IgG2
American Society for Microbiology.