Mostrando 1-12 de 19 artigos, teses e dissertações.
1. Topical anti-inflammatory activity of yacon leaf extracts
Smallanthus sonchifolius (Poepp.) H. Rob. , Asteraceae, known as yacon, is an herb that is traditionally used for the treatment of diabetes in folk medicine. However, recent studies have demonstrated that this plant has other interesting properties such as anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory actions. Thus, the purpose of this study was to evaluate the topic
Rev. bras. farmacogn.. Publicado em: 10/05/2013
2. Hipersuperfícies mínimas e completas de espaços simétricos / Complete minimal hipersurfaces in symmetric spaces
No presente trabalho construímos novos exemplos de hipersuperfícies mínimas, completas e H-equivariantes de espaços simétricos. Para tal, usamos o método da geometria diferencial equivariante (Hsiang-Lawson). Dividimos nosso estudo em duas partes, a saber, espaços simétricos G/K de tipo não compacto e compacto. No primeiro caso são estudadas açõe
IBICT - Instituto Brasileiro de Informação em Ciência e Tecnologia. Publicado em: 02/07/2012
3. Estudo do fósforo sedimentar e de suas especiações químicas em dois sistemas costeiros e Plataforma Continental Sudeste (Brasil) e Baía do Almirantado (região antártica) considerando suas relações biogeoquímicas / Study of phosphorus and its chemical speciation in sediments in two coastal environments and southeasterns continental shelf (Brazil) and admiralty Bay (Antarctic region) considering its biogeochemical aspects
This work aims to study the total and chemical species of phosphorus in the surface sediments associated to the biogeochemical processes in two estuarine systems, the southeastern continental shelf and Antarctic polar region. Bottom water samples were collected in two seasonal periods (summer-winter) in the estuaries under different degrees of environmental
Publicado em: 2008
4. Eficácia de ações educativas na melhoria do processo de fritura por imersão. / Effectiveness of educative actions in the improving of the process of the by frying immersion.
The objective of this study was to evaluate the effectiveness of educative actions in the improvement of the process of deep-fat frying in bars, snack bars and restaurants of the city of Salvador. Its an intervention study, randomized, double-blind, during the period of December of 2006 the July of 2007. Employees and/or owners of the establishments had been
Publicado em: 2008
5. Sustentabilidade urbano-ambiental no distrito industrial de SÃo JosÃ dos Pinhais - PR com a implantaÃÃo do complexo Ayrton Senna
The environment degradation for irregular and occupation in the outsides of big cities imposes to the municipal managers the necessity to attract generating productive activities to create jobs and progress. Difficulties in the country area and small cities are propeller sources of the displacement of thousand of people in search of better days. In function
Publicado em: 2007
6. Uma nova geografia de ideias: diversidade de ações comunicativas para a dança
In the last ten years, actions developed in dance, live and in the media, left the focus in Rio-São Paulo. Spread through several places in the country had taken a new geography of ideas that understand dance as a communication process of the body, organized as a thought that questions power structures, artistic procedures and boundaries between languages.
Publicado em: 2006
7. GESTÃO DEMOCRÃTICA NO ENSINO PÃBLICO: Entraves no processo â um estudo de caso
A present research analyzes one dynamics makes Basic of the process of work of the School called HÃvia ValÃria Maia de Amorim, objectifying to evaluate a quality of its management one to leave of the practical one makes pertaining to school Council of that unit of education, searching to identify a permanence of practices paternal and clientelistas, that e
Publicado em: 2003
8. Polarized cells, polar actions.
The recognition of polar bacterial organization is just emerging. The examples of polar localization given here are from a variety of bacterial species and concern a disparate array of cellular functions. A number of well-characterized instances of polar localization of bacterial proteins, including the chemoreceptor complex in both C. crescentus and E. coli
9. Glucose transport and antilipolysis are differentially regulated by the polar head group of an insulin-sensitive glycophospholipid.
A glycophospholipid has been purified from rat liver membranes, which copurified with an insulin-sensitive glycophospholipid isolated from H35 hepatoma cells. The polar head group of this glycophospholipid, which is a phosphooligosaccharide, was generated by treatment with a phosphatidylinositol-specific phospholipase C from Staphylococcus aureus. There was
10. Plasma albumin is a potent trigger of calcium signals and DNA synthesis in astrocytes.
Cells in the central nervous system are normally prevented from coming into contact with albumin and other protein components of blood by the existence of a tight blood-brain barrier. Astrocytes and other glial cells proliferate to form glial scars when the blood-brain barrier is breached. In this report we show that albumin is an important blood component r
11. The interaction of insulin-like growth factor-I with the N-terminal domain of IGFBP-5
Insulin-like growth factors (IGFs) are key regulators of cell proliferation, differentiation and transformation, and are thus pivotal in cancer, especially breast, prostate and colon neoplasms. They are also important in many neurological and bone disorders. Their potent mitogenic and anti-apoptotic actions depend primarily on their availability to bind to t
Oxford University Press.
12. Actions of serum and plasma albumin on intracellular Ca2+ in human endothelial cells.
1. The effects of serum and plasma albumin on [Ca2+]i in human endothelial cells were examined using single-cell Ca2+ imaging. Two types of endothelial cell were used: human umbilical vein endothelial cells (HUVEC) in primary culture, and the endothelial-derived cell line ECV304. 2. Serum albumin caused a large and transient rise in [Ca2+]i, due to Ca2+ rele