Mosaic Plant Diseases
Mostrando 1-12 de 15 artigos, teses e dissertações.
1. Episomal detection of Banana streak OL virus in single and mixed infection with Cucumber mosaic virus in banana 'Nanicão Jangada'
Banana streak virus (BSV) and Cucumber mosaic virus (CMV) are commonly found in all banana growing-areas of the world. These viruses cause diseases that lead to yield reduction and constrain plant breeding and distribution of Musa germplasm. Most of the diagnostic methods targeting BSV can generate dubious results because of the considerable genetic and sero
Trop. plant pathol.. Publicado em: 2014-08
2. Incidencia e distribuicao do virus do endurecimento dos frutos do maracujazeiro no cerrado do Brasil Central.
Planaltina: Embrapa Cerrados. Publicado em: 2011
3. Manual de identificação de doenças de soja.
Doenças causadas por fungos: Antracnose (Colletotrichum truncatum), Cancro da haste (Diaporthe phaseolorum var. meridionalis e D. phaseolorum var. caulivora), Crestamento foliar de cercóspora e mancha púrpura (Cercospora kikuchii), Ferrugem (Phakopsora pachyrhizi e P. meibomiae), Mancha alvo e podridão radicular de corinéspora (Corynespora cassiicola),
Londrina: Embrapa Soja. Publicado em: 2010
4. Biological and molecular characterization of begomoviruses in soybean (Glycine max) and Euphorbia heterophylla, and RNA interference-mediated virus resistance in transgenic soybean plants / Caracterização molecular e biológica de begomovírus de soja (Glycine max) e leiteiro (Euphorbia heterophylla) e resistência a vírus mediada por RNA interferente em plantas transgênicas de soja
Molecular characterization of begomoviruses is of fundamental importance to identify the mechanisms of genetic variability of these important plant pathogens. Genome analysis allows for an understanding of mutation and recombination mechanisms which lead to evolution of new viral species. In Brazil, only a few reports of begomovirus infection of soybean have
Publicado em: 2009
5. Viral determinants associated with the distinct biological properties of two isolates of Lettuce mosaic virus (LMV): Kinetics of viral infection and infection of the embrionary tissues / Determinantes virais associados às diferentes propriedades biológicas de dois isolados de Lettuce mosaic virus (LMV): cinética da infecção viral e infecção dos tecidos embrionários
Lettuce mosaic, caused by the potyvirus Lettuce mosaic virus (LMV), is one of the main diseases of lettuce. The type strain of the virus includes isolates which are seed borne in lettuce, but which cannot infect lettuce cultivars harboring the recessive resistance aleles mo11 e mo12. The Most strain includes isolates which are also seed borne and can infect
Publicado em: 2008
6. Screening of Bacillus thuringiensis strains toxic to the cotton aphid (Aphis gossypii) / Seleção de estirpes de Bacillus thuringiensis tóxicas ao pulgão do algodoeiro (Aphis gossypii)
The production of the cotton crop is growing and exposes this culture to severe attack of various pests, including the cotton aphid (Aphis gossypii). This insect has caused 44% loss to the culture of cotton, attacking the initial stages of the crop. The continuous sucking sap deforms the shoots, hampers the development of the plant and also expels a sugar se
Publicado em: 2008
7. Partial characterization of a Potyvirus causing mosaic and flower variegation in Catharanthus roseus / Caracterização de um novo Potyvirus causador de mosaico foliar e variegação floral em Catharanthus roseus
Catharanthus roseus is known as the common periwinkle or Madagascar periwinkle. It is a perennial, evergreen herb in the family Apocynaceae, which was originally native to the island of Madagascar, although both name and classification are contradictory in some literature. The plants grow up to 80 cm high; have glossy, dark green leaves and bloom during summ
Publicado em: 2007
8. Effect of cyanobacteria and eukaryotic algae on the resistance of tobacco plants against Tobacco mosaic virus / Efeito de cianobactérias e algas eucarióticas na resistência de plantas de fumo contra o Tobacco mosaic virus (TMV)
Algae produce several different compounds that show biological activity, including ones with antiviral activity or that act as phytoalexin inducers. Thus, it was investigated the reduction of Tobacco mosaic virus (TMV) symptoms on tobacco plants treated with cyanobacteria or eukaryotic algae, and it was studied the way of action of algae on the studied patho
Publicado em: 2006
9. Uso de genes anti-apoptóticos na construção de plantas de maracujá transgênicas e análise da atividade de diferentes promotores em células vegetais e de insetos
Plants are usually hosts for more than one pathogen. The passion flower, for example, can be infected by a many virus, bactéria and fungi, which limit fruit yield considerably. Due to this, the use of diseases control systems that allow a wide range of disease resistance is needed. Recent work have shown that tobacco or tomato plants containing anti-apoptot
Publicado em: 2006
10. Técnicas de cultivo in vitro e microenxertia ex vitro visando a eliminação do Cowpea Aphid-Borne Mosaic virus em Maracujazeiro-Azedo
The sour passion fruit plant (Passiflora edulis Sims f. flavicarpa Deg.) is one of the most important Brazilian fruitbearings and its cultivation presents good perspectives of expansion. The culture development has been made more difficult by diseases, specially the fruit hardening disease, caused by the Cowpea aphid-borne mosaic virus (CABMV). The virus eli
Publicado em: 2006
11. Transformação genética de maracujazeiro (Passiflora edulis f. flavicarpa) para resistência ao vírus do endurecimento dos frutos / Passionfruit genetic transformation (Passiflora edulis f. flavicarpa) for resistance to woodiness virus
The main purpose of this work was to study an alternative way to control the Passionfruit woodiness virus - PWV through the production of transgenic plants which contained the Passionfruit woodness virus coat protein gene. The binary vector was built by using pCambia 2300 and pCambia 2301 plasmids, which contain the selection gene nptII. The pCambia 2301 pla
Publicado em: 2005
12. Seleção de estirpe fraca do Zucchini Yellow Mosaic Vírus (ZYMV) e controle dos mosaicos comum (Papaya ringspot vírus) e amarelo (ZYMV) por dupla premunização em abobrinha-de-moita. / Selection of mild strain of Zucchini Yellow Mosaic Virus (ZYMV) and control of Papaya ringspot virus and ZYMV by double cross protection in zucchini squash.
Due to the present high incidence of Zucchini yellow mosaic virus (ZYMV) and the damage it causes to cucurbit crops, studies were carried out to select mild strains of the virus and evaluate their efficiency for the control of the disease by cross protection in zucchini squash (Cucurbita pepo L. cv. Caserta). Studies were also done to evaluate the efficiency
Publicado em: 2002