Major Histocompatibility Complex Genetics
Mostrando 13-21 de 21 artigos, teses e dissertações.
13. Effect of genetic variation on induced neutrophilia in mice.
Mice from a variety of strains were injected with a sterile irritant (Brewer's thioglycolate) and killed bacteria (Staphylococcus aureus, Staphylococcus epidermidis, or Escherichia coli) to determine their effect on accumulation of neutrophils in the peritoneal cavity. Peak accumulation occurred around 15 h postinjection and showed significant strain-related
14. IMGT/3Dstructure-DB and IMGT/StructuralQuery, a database and a tool for immunoglobulin, T cell receptor and MHC structural data
IMGT/3Dstructure-DB and IMGT/Structural-Query are a novel 3D structure database and a new tool for immunological proteins. They are part of IMGT, the international ImMunoGenetics information system®, a high-quality integrated knowledge resource specializing in immunoglobulins (IG), T cell receptors (TR), major histocompatibility complex (MHC) and related pr
Oxford University Press.
15. Genetics of murine resistance to Trypanosoma cruzi.
Resistance to the protozoan parasite Trypanosoma cruzi is governed by multiple genetic factors, including at least one coded for by a locus in or near the major histocompatibility complex of the mouse. The influence of the H-2 locus on resistance was evident when H-2 congenic mice on a strain background of intermediate resistance were challenged or when the
16. Kinetics and genetics of herpes simplex virus-induced antibody formation in mice.
The kinetics of antibody synthesis was investigated after intraperitoneal, subcutaneous, and footpad infection of various strains of mice with herpes simplex virus. Immunoglobulin M antibodies appeared 5 days after and immunoglobulin G antibodies appeared 10 to 12 days after intraperitoneal infection with herpes simplex virus type 1. The major histocompatibi
17. Genetic analysis of diabetes and insulitis in an interspecific cross of the nonobese diabetic mouse with Mus spretus.
The nonobese diabetic (NOD) mouse is a widely used model for genetic studies of insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus due to the similarities between the murine and human diseases. To aid in the localization and identification of diabetes-related susceptibility genes, we have constructed an interspecific backcross between NOD and Mus spretus (SEG/Pas) mice. Al
18. Antigen nonspecific effect of major histocompatibility complex haplotype on autoantibody levels in systemic lupus erythematosus-prone lpr mice.
MHC-linked genes strongly influence susceptibility to autoimmune diseases and also regulate responses to exogenous antigens. To begin to understand the mechanism of this MHC effect on disease, we have investigated MHC-congenic mouse strains that develop spontaneous autoimmunity because of the lpr gene. C57BL6/lpr (B6/lpr) mice (H-2b) are known to have substa
19. Major histocompatibility complex control of immunity elicited by genetically engineered Eimeria tenella (Apicomplexa) antigen in chickens.
The immunogenicity of a recombinant Eimeria tenella coccidial antigen was studied in 6(1).B congenic chickens derived from B2B2 and B5B5 parents segregating for haplotypes B2 and B5. Five-week-old chickens were immunized with 2.4 micrograms of recombinant protein (designated 5401) in Freund complete adjuvant and challenged with 75,000 oocysts at 28 days post
20. Major histocompatibility complex class II genes and systemic sclerosis.
1. In no ethnic group is the overall association between systemic sclerosis and the MHC strong enough for direct clinical use. MHC associations do support the classification of the disease into limited cutaneous systemic sclerosis and diffuse cutaneous systemic sclerosis. 2. Indications are that associations between specific subsets of patients with systemic
21. Genetics of Survival in Mice: Subregions of the Major Histocompatibility Complex
In this study of murine survival, 422 F(1) hybrids between DBA/2J (D2) female mice and C57BL/10 (B10) background H-2 congenic male mice (11 strains), 88 F(1) hybrids between B10 female mice and B10 background H-2 congenic male mice (3 strains), and 532 control mice from the 11 parental B10 background H-2 congenic mice were bred over a period of 2 yr. Toward