Mostrando 13-24 de 63 artigos, teses e dissertações.
13. Projeto e construção de bancada para ensaios de filtração de gases a alta pressão
With the industrial expansion and the increase of vehicles assembled daily, there was an increase in the use of natural gas as combustible. Beyond the cheaper the level of emission of pollutants by burning natural gas as fuel it is lower than all the fuels used until today. The increasing consumption of natural gas and the severity of the legislation in resp
Publicado em: 2009
14. Carotenoides e compostos bioativos : relação com propriedades anti-radical livre e corante em frutas tropicais / Carotenoids and bioactive compounds : relationship between free radical scavenger properties and color in tropical fruits
The increased demand for high life quality has been associated to healthy food, increasing the industry interest for functional foods, which are defined as any food or bioactive compounds with potential to be benefic for the consumer health. The bioactive compounds found in foods, such as carotenoids, phenolic compounds and ascorbic acid (AA) are involved wi
Publicado em: 2008
15. Extração, purificação e caracterização de polissacarídeos da biomassa do fungo ascomiceto Botryosphaeria rhodina MAMB-05
The composition of the polysaccharides constituting the biomass of the ascomyceteous fungus, Botryosphaeria rhodina MAMB-05, cultivated on glucose as carbon source was investigated following separation of the exopolysaccharides (EPS). Fungal mycelial biomass was exhaustingly washed with water at room temperature until no residual sugars could be detected (ph
Publicado em: 2007
16. Desempenho de filtros fibrosos operando na remoção de partículas nanométricas de aerossóis.
A crescente escalada da poluição do ar nas últimas décadas vem causando um sensível aumento no monitoramento e no controle de emissões de material particulado na atmosfera, visando minimizar os problemas causados ao meio ambiente e à saúde humana. Particularmente, o comportamento de partículas nanométricas no ar necessita atenção especial. Os fil
Publicado em: 2007
17. Slow sand filter in the treatment of leachate of the sanitary landfill of Limeira -SP / Sistema de filtração lenta no tratamento de percolado do aterro sanitario de Limeira-SP
The final disposition of solids residues is a practice that still brings serious impacts to the environment. In sanitary landfill, the residues goes through physical, chemical and biological decomposition processes, generating into a gas phase (mainly composed by CH4 and CO2) and a liquid phase known as leachate. The waste leachate is a liquid with high poll
Publicado em: 2006
18. Estudos para determinação das melhores formulações de blends de cafe arabica (C. arabica) com cafe robusta (C. canephora Conilon) para uso no setor de cafes torrados e moido e de cafes expresso. / Study for determination of the best blends formularizations of arabian (C.arabica) with robust coffee(C. canephora Conilon) for use in the sector of roast and worn coffees and coffees espresso.
The main objective of this thesis was to study various blends of arabica and robusta coffees, prepared both by filtration and the espresso technique, by carrying out sensory evaluations with consumers. Initially, for each coffee studied, the most adequate degree of roast was determined using a sensory evaluation by experts and by a panel trained for Quantita
Publicado em: 2005
19. Soybean oil processing using ultrafiltration in micelle in the degumming step / Processamento de oleo de soja utilizando ultrafiltração em miscela na etapa de degomagem e na obtenção de lecitina
Crude soybean oil is traditionally degummed by water addition or phosphoric acid. The membrane technology applied to vegetable oils processing has become important because it allows to use temperatures, reduces waste water treatment, retains undesirable products, besides preserving important minor compounds in the oil. The objectives of this work were to opt
Publicado em: 2004
20. Underestimation of total-coliform counts by the membrane filter verification procedure.
Coliforms, primarily Citrobacter freundii, gave negative verification results in the total-coliform membrane filtration test. The organisms produced gas from lactose in brilliant green bile broth but not in lauryl tryptose broth. The discrepancy was related to the peptone sources used in the media.
21. The liquid barrier filter: total protection against particulate contaminants.
The design, construction, and operation of a new type of filter that eliminates particulate contaminants from a current of gas is described. It has a yield higher than that of any conventional filter or filtration system. It is believed that a liquid barrier filter provides the best possible protection in all cases where not even a small number of toxic part
22. Eubacterium saburreum L13 Antigen Containing a Ketohexose as a Main Sugar Constituent
A periodate-resistant antigen (PS L13) which contained ketohexose and glucose was isolated from the oral microorganism Eubacterium saburreum L13 by trypsin digestion and subsequent gel filtration and ion-exchange chromatography. The ketohexose reacted as fructose would in colorimetric and chromatographic analyses, but not in gas-liquid chromatography. Rabbit
23. Purification and characterization of Staphylococcus aureus type 8 capsular polysaccharide.
Clinical isolates of Staphylococcus aureus have been previously classified into eight types on the basis of their capsular polysaccharide. The high prevalence of the type 8 capsular polysaccharide among bacteremic isolates suggests the importance of this capsular antigen in staphylococcal disease. The capsular polysaccharide was purified from extracts of thr
24. Liquid Chromatographic Procedure for Fermentation Product Analysis in the Identification of Anaerobic Bacteria
High-performance liquid chromatography with a cation-exchange resin-packed column was used to determine fermentation products of several known and unknown Clostridium species. The column was operated at 30°C, and isocratic elution was done with 0.013 N H2SO4. Sample preparation for high-performance liquid chromatographic analysis required only membrane filt