Mostrando 25-31 de 31 artigos, teses e dissertações.
25. O direito do acionista ao dividendo
Regarding the decrease in interest rates in Brazil and the consequent loss of appeal of fixed-income investments, investors started seeking new alternatives to allocate their funds. Meanwhile, companies boosted the raising of capital by issuing shares in capital markets, which became an attractive investment. In view of that, the stockholders right to divide
Publicado em: 2008
26. O custo da captação de recursos nas empresas e o processo decisório desta captação no curto e longo prazo: estudo de caso de empresa do ramo cerâmico de Santa Catarina
The study of the decisions related to the structure of capital in the Brazilian market always motivates. Especially in Brazil where, the difficulties of raising long-term feature of financial market often leads companies to the debt shorter deadlines. Several studies and empirical evidence have shown that the decisions of the capital structure can affect the
Publicado em: 2008
27. Comparing the performance of equity active and passive funds / Comparação do desenvolvimento de fundos de ações ativos e passivos
This dissertation examines the existence of supeior returns in 626 Brazilian equity funds. The idea is to observe if the stock selection strategies were capable to add value in the returns, making it superior from the market one. The estimations compare the retunrs of active and passive investment funds both with and without manager s fees. The methodology u
Publicado em: 2007
28. Persistência de Performance nos Fundos de Investimento em Ações no Brasil. / Persistence in Brazilian Equity Funds
Esta dissertação avalia a persistência de performance em 112 fundos brasileiros de investimento em ações pelas medidas de rentabilidade, seleção de ativos, market timing e medidas que combinam as duas últimas, com dados diários, em janelas de três meses e um ano para o período de janeiro de 1998 a dezembro de 2005. A metodologia utilizada foi a de
Publicado em: 2006
29. ALOCAÇÃO DINÂMICA EM FUNDOS DE CONTRIBUIÇÃO DEFINIDA NA PRESENÇA DE RIQUEZA EXTERNA: O PROBLEMA DA LOCALIZAÇÃO DE ATIVOS / DYNAMIC ASSET ALLOCATION IN DEFINED CONTRIBUTION FUNDS IN THE PRESENCE OF EXTERNAL WEALTH: THE ASSET LOCATION PROBLEM
The question of how to allocate assets efficiently has been one of the central issues in Finance. As perceived in other markets, one of the recent trends in the Brazilian market has been the growth of Defined Contribution Funds. However, when focusing on investment decisions for individual investors, taxes must be taken into account. In this context, the ass
Publicado em: 2004
30. Implications of the method of capital cost payment on the weighted average cost of capital.
The author develops a theoretical and mathematical model, based on published financial management literature, to describe the cost of capital structure for health care delivery entities. This model is then used to generate the implications of changing the capital cost reimbursement mechanism from a cost basis to a prospective basis. The implications are that
31. Returns on equity for not-for-profit hospitals.
This study examines the circumstances in which a large third-party payer or regulator might want to set hospital prices to yield a positive rate of return on equity capital. The level of return is shown to depend on the willingness of donors to make funds available in the community relative to the (derived) demand for capital to produce output. It is shown t