Mostrando 1-12 de 52 artigos, teses e dissertações.
1. Development and Validation of a Gas Chromatographic Method for the Quantification of Minor Alkaloids in Cocaine
The quantification of minor alkaloids in seized cocaine can provide information for drug profiling and law enforcement initiatives. This work presents the development and validation of an analytical method to quantitate minor alkaloids in cocaine samples using gas chromatography with flame ionization detector, after derivatization. The method was validated i
J. Braz. Chem. Soc.. Publicado em: 2021-04
2. Molecular profiling of drug resistant isolates of Mycobacterium tuberculosis in the state of Santa Catarina, southern Brazil
Drug resistance is a global threat and one of the main contributing factors to tuberculosis (TB) outbreaks. The goal of this study was to analyse the molecular profile of multidrug-resistant TB (MDR-TB) in the state of Santa Catarina in southern Brazil. Fifty-three MDR Mycobacterium tuberculosis clinical isolates were analysed by spoligotyping and a partial
Mem. Inst. Oswaldo Cruz. Publicado em: 07/07/2015
3. Physical and chemical analyses of ecstasy tablets seized in São Paulo city / Análises físicas e químicas de comprimidos de ecstasy apreendidos no município de São Paulo
Drug profiling, isto é, a caracterização de amostras de drogas apreendidas no sentido de estabelecer conexões entre apreensões realizadas em diferentes épocas e/ou locais a uma origem comum de produção clandestina, tem sido um objetivo dos órgãos governamentais responsáveis pela prevenção/repressão. Especificamente tratando-se de comprimidos de
Publicado em: 2009
4. Identification studies of possible targets for azomethinic or oxadiazolinic nitrocompounds with antifungal and anti-T. cruzi activity / Estudos de identificação de possíveis alvos para nitro-compostos azometínicos ou oxadiazolínicos com atividade antifúngica e anti-T. cruzi
This study had as objective the study of Tridimensional Quantitative Structure-Activity Relationships, 3D QSAR, and the identification of potential targets for 5-nitro-heterocyclic compounds with azomethynic or oxadiazolynic structures presenting dual antifungal and anti-T. cruzi bioactivity, aiming the discovery of new compounds to be used as possible drug
Publicado em: 2009
5. Expression profiling of the schizont and trophozoite stages of Plasmodium falciparum with a long-oligonucleotide microarray
DNA microarrays based on long oligonucleotides are powerful tools for the functional annotation of the Plasmodium falciparum genome. Expression profiling of trophozoites and schizonts revealed genes associated with stage-specific processes and may serve as the basis for future drug targets and vaccine development.
6. Perspectives and limitations of gene expression profiling in rheumatology: new molecular strategies
The deciphering of the sequence of the human genome has raised the expectation of unravelling the specific role of each gene in physiology and pathology. High-throughput technologies for gene expression profiling provide the first practical basis for applying this information. In rheumatology, with its many diseases of unknown pathogenesis and puzzling infla
7. Protein expression profiling arrays: tools for the multiplexed high-throughput analysis of proteins
The completion of the human genome sequence has led to a rapid increase in genetic information. The invention of DNA microarrays, which allow for the parallel measurement of thousands of genes on the level of mRNA, has enabled scientists to take a more global view of biological systems. Protein microarrays have a big potential to increase the throughput of p
8. Nuclear Receptor-Coregulator Interaction Profiling Identifies TRIP3 as a Novel Peroxisome Proliferator-activated Receptor γ Cofactor*
Nuclear receptors (NRs) are major targets for drug discovery and have key roles in development and homeostasis as well as in many diseases such as obesity, diabetes, and cancer. NRs are ligand-dependent transcription factors that need to work in concert with so-called transcriptional coregulators, including corepressors and coactivators, to regulate transcri
The American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology.
9. Arrays of Arrays for High-Throughput Gene Expression Profiling
Gene expression profiling using DNA arrays is rapidly becoming an essential tool for research and drug discovery and may soon play a central role in disease diagnosis. Although it is possible to make significant discoveries on the basis of a relatively small number of expression profiles, the full potential of this technology is best realized through more ex
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press.
10. Genomic Profiling of the Response of Candida albicans to Itraconazole Treatment Using a DNA Microarray
The application of genome-wide expression profiling to determine how drugs achieve their therapeutic effect has provided the pharmaceutical industry with an exciting new tool for drug mode-of-action studies. We used DNA chip technology to study cellular responses to perturbations of ergosterol biosynthesis caused by the broad-spectrum antifungal agent itraco
American Society for Microbiology.
11. Prediction of Mechanisms of Action of Antibacterial Compounds by Gene Expression Profiling
We have generated a database of expression profiles carrying the transcriptional responses of the model organism Bacillus subtilis following treatment with 37 well-characterized antibacterial compounds of different classes. The database was used to build a predictor for the assignment of the mechanisms of action (MoAs) of antibacterial compounds by the use o
American Society for Microbiology.
12. Population genomics of drug resistance in Candida albicans
We followed adaptation in experimental microbial populations to inhibitory concentrations of an antimicrobial drug. The evolution of drug resistance was accompanied in all cases by changes in gene expression that persisted in the absence of the drug; the new patterns of gene expression were constitutive. The changes in gene expression occurred in four replic
The National Academy of Sciences.