Mostrando 1-10 de 10 artigos, teses e dissertações.
1. Brazilian Thalassemia Association protocol for iron chelation therapy in patients under regular transfusion
In the absence of an iron chelating agent, patients with beta-thalassemia on regular transfusions present complications of transfusion-related iron overload. Without iron chelation therapy, heart disease is the major cause of death; however, hepatic and endocrine complications also occur. Currently there are three iron chelating agents available for continuo
Rev. Bras. Hematol. Hemoter.. Publicado em: 2013
2. Electrochemistry of deferiprone as an orally active iron chelator and HIV-1 replication inhibitor and its determination
O comportamento eletroquímico da deferiprona, droga anti-talassêmica e anti-replicação do HIV foi investigado, por voltametria cíclica (VC), utilizando um eletrodo de platina. Observaram-se dois picos anódicos irreversíveis para a deferiprona, em tampão acetato (pH 4,0) com E(0)1 = 875 mV e E(0)2 = 1235 mV (vs. Ag/AgCl) em velocidade de varredura de
Journal of the Brazilian Chemical Society. Publicado em: 2008
3. Quelação oral de ferro na Beta-Talassemia
A quelação do ferro com deferroxamina (DFO) melhorou dramaticamente o prognóstico de pacientes com beta talassemia. A DFO reduz os estoques de ferro, bem como a morbidade e mortalidade destes pacientes. No entanto, a necessidade de infusões parenterais prolongadas estimulou a busca por novos quelantes. Deferiprone (DP) é o único quelante oral em uso cl
Revista Brasileira de Hematologia e Hemoterapia. Publicado em: 2003-03
4. Changes in transferrin saturation after treatment with the oral iron chelator deferiprone in patients with iron overload.
AIMS--To evaluate the changes in transferrin saturation in patients with iron overload following the oral administration of the iron chelator deferiprone; to assess the correlation between the degree of transferrin desaturation, the deferiprone dose, and urinary iron excretion. METHODS--Serum samples were obtained from 16 patients with iron overload at diffe
5. Comparison of the Effects of Deferiprone versus Deferoxamine on Growth and Virulence of Yersinia enterocolitica
Deferoxamine, a drug used to treat patients with iron overload, has the capacity to promote systemic Y. enterocolitica infections in humans. The aim of this study was to determine whether deferiprone, the only orally active alternative treatment, has the same potential. When Y. enterocolitica IP864 was grown in an iron-poor chemically defined medium, additio
American Society for Microbiology.
6. Controversial deferiprone gets a boost
7. The deferiprone controversy: time to move on
8. Thalassaemia major: the murky story of deferiprone: Conducting life saving research properly and quickly is a moral imperative
BMJ Publishing Group Ltd..
9. Estimates of the effect on hepatic iron of oral deferiprone compared with subcutaneous desferrioxamine for treatment of iron overload in thalassemia major: a systematic review
10. Removal of erythrocyte membrane iron in vivo ameliorates the pathobiology of murine thalassemia.
Abnormal deposits of free iron are found on the cytoplasmic surface of red blood cell (RBC) membranes in beta-thalassemia. To test the hypothesis that this is of importance to RBC pathobiology, we administered the iron chelator deferiprone (L1) intraperitoneally to beta-thalassemic mice for 4 wk and then studied RBC survival and membrane characteristics. L1