Variants of Serratia marcescens Induced by Freeze-Drying
Unusually high numbers of pigmentless variants and sectored colonies in cultures of lyophylized Serratia marcescens are reported. Clonal analyses of sectored colonies show the presence of unstable bacteria that continue to sector again when plated. Further analysis of pigmentless variants suggest that pigment formation, oxygen uptake, and the production of an inducible protease are affected.
ACESSO AO ARTIGOhttp://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?artid=378064
- Effect of Freeze-Drying on Some Enzyme Systems of Serratia marcescens1
- Freeze-drying microscopy in mathematical modeling of a biomaterial freeze-drying
- Preservation of Enteroviruses by Freeze-Drying
- SURVIVAL OF SERRATIA MARCESCENS AFTER FREEZE-DRYING OR AEROSOLIZATION AT UNFAVORABLE HUMIDITY I. : Effects of Sugars
- Freeze-Drying Pine Pollen 12