Variability of susceptibility to deltamethrin in peridomestic Triatoma sordida from Triângulo Mineiro, State of Minas Gerais, Brazil
Pessoa, Grasielle Caldas DÁvila, Santos, Tamara Rodrigues Martins dos, Salazar, Gabriela Chadid, Dias, Letícia Sena, Mello, Bernardino Vaz de, Ferraz, Marcela Lencine, Diotaiuti, Liléia
Rev. Soc. Bras. Med. Trop.
DATA DE PUBLICAÇÃO
AbstractINTRODUCTION:Despite chemical and physical vector control strategies, persistent infestations of Triatoma sordida have been reported in a large part of Minas Gerais, Brazil, and the cause for this is little investigated. We aimed to characterize the deltamethrin toxicological profile in peridomestic T. sordidapopulations from Triângulo Mineiro area of Minas Gerais.METHODS:Susceptibility to deltamethrin was assessed in seventeen peridomestic T. sordida populations. Serial dilutions of deltamethrin in acetone (0.2µL) were topically applied on the first instar nymphs (F1; five days old; fasting weight, 1.2 ± 0.2mg). Dose response results were analyzed using Probit software, and the lethal doses, slope and resistance ratios were determined. Qualitative tests were also performed.RESULTS:The deltamethrin susceptibility profile of T. sordida populations revealed resistance ratios ranging from 0.84 to 2.8. The percentage mortality in response to a diagnostic dose was 100.0% in all populations.CONCLUSIONS:From our results, the lack of resistance to insecticides but persistent T. sordida infestations in the Triângulo Mineiro area may be because of: 1) environmental degradation facilitating dispersion of T. sordida , allowing colonization in artificial ecotopes; 2) operational failures; and 3) complexity of the peridomicile in the study area.These variables are being investigated.
- Deltamethrin pyrethroid susceptibility characterization of Triatoma sordida Stål, 1859 (Hemiptera: Reduviidae) populations in the Northern Region of Minas Gerais, Brazil
- Dragonflies and damselflies (Insecta: Odonata) from a Cerrado area at Triângulo Mineiro, Minas Gerais, Brazil
- Erratum: Dragonflies and damselflies (Insecta: Odonata) from a Cerrado area at Triângulo Mineiro, Minas Gerais, Brazil
- Seroprevalence of Salmonella and Mycoplasma in commercial broilers, backyard chickens, and spent hens in the region of Triângulo Mineiro, State of Minas Gerais, Brazil
- Frequência de espécies de Candida em hospital terciário do Triângulo Mineiro, Minas Gerais, Brasil