Urethral dysfunction due to alloxan-induced diabetes. Urodynamic evaluation and action of sildenafil citrate
Pegorare, Ana Beatriz Gomes de Souza, Gonçalves, Marco Antonio, Oliveira, Alessandra Martiniano de, Rodrigues Junior, Antonio Antunes, Tucci Jr, Silvio, Suaid, Haylton Jorge
Acta Cir. Bras.
DATA DE PUBLICAÇÃO
PURPOSE: To evaluate the effect of diabetes mellitus and of sildenafil citrate on female urethral function.METHODS: Twenty nine female rats were divided into four groups: G1 - (n=9), normal rats; G2 - (n=6), normal rats treated with sildenafil citrate; G3 - (n=9) rats with alloxan-induced diabetes; G4 - (n=5) rats with alloxan-induced diabetes treated with sildenafil citrate. Under anesthesia, urodynamic evaluation was performed by cystometry and urethral pressure simultaneously.RESULTS: A significant increase in urethral pressure was observed during micturition.CONCLUSION: Sildenafil citrate can partially reduced urethral pressure in diabetic female rats.
- Urethral dysfunction due to alloxan-induced diabetes. Urodynamic and morphological evaluation
- Enamel hypoplasia in a litter of rats with alloxan-induced diabetes mellitus
- Bone regeneration in cranioplasty and clinical complications in rabbits with alloxan-induced diabetes
- Alloxan-induced diabetes delays repair in a rat model of closed tibial fracture
- Long term evaluation of morphometric and ultrastructural changes of testes of alloxan-induced diabetic rats