Un enfoque basado en juegos educativos para aprender geometría en educación primaria: Estudio preliminar
DATA DE PUBLICAÇÃO
Abstract Learning geometry is paramount in mathematics to identify geometric shapes and learn their properties. The use of educational games in the classroom offers new opportunities to motivate students and to learn mathematics in daily-life contexts from a socio-constructivist perspective within the fallibilist and quasi-empiricist positions. The aim of this paper is to design and evaluate a teaching unit on geometry for elementary school, where the basis of learning is articulated through different educational games integrated together in the sequence, allowing us to compare the acquired learning with the results of more traditional tasks. The preliminary study was developed with 13 seven-year-old students from a school in Malaga (Spain). For each content, traditional tasks (worksheets with scarce opportunities in the social context) and games (together with task involving play - TIP or tasks promoting scenarios between play and game) were included in the teaching unit. The qualitative and quantitative analysis of each task using categories and the Wilcoxon test showed that educational games are more favorable to the learning of geometry than the contents proposed with a traditional task, in particular, those related to the identification of polygons. The results suggest that the type of educational game that is most effective in learning geometry is TIP, since only in these games statistically significant differences were obtained when compared to traditional tasks.
- Gráficos estadísticos en libros de texto de Educación Primaria: un estudio comparativo entre España y Chile
- Aprendizaje Basado en Juegos Digitales en Niños con TDAH: un Estudio de Caso en la Enseñanza de Estadística para Estudiantes de Cuarto Grado en Colombia
- Lenguaje probabilístico: un camino para el desarrollo de la alfabetización probabilística. Un estudio de caso en el aula de Educación Primaria
- Estudio teórico de la isomerización del ácido maleico en ácido fumárico: un enfoque basado en el concepto de superficie de energía potencial
- Diagnóstico del conocimiento conceptual en educación física: un estudio mixto en Chile