The yeast putative transcriptional repressor RGM1 is a proline-rich zinc finger protein.
I have cloned a yeast gene, RGM1, which encodes a proline-rich zinc, finger protein. rgm1 mutants do not show any obvious phenotype but overexpression of RGM1 gene greatly impairs cell growth. The proline-rich region of RGM1 attached to a heterologous DNA binding domain is able to repress the expression of the target gene. RGM1 shares similar zinc finger motifs with the mammalian Egr (early growth response) proteins as well as proline-rich sequences with a high serine and threonine content, suggesting that RGM1 and Egr proteins could have functional similarities.
ACESSO AO ARTIGOhttp://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?artid=328782
- A maize embryo-specific gene encodes a proline-rich and hydrophobic protein.
- Proline-rich activator CTF1 targets the TFIIB assembly step during transcriptional activation.
- Small proline-rich protein 1A is a gp130 pathway- and stress-inducible cardioprotective protein
- Patterns of soybean proline-rich protein gene expression.
- The proline-rich focal adhesion and microfilament protein VASP is a ligand for profilins.