The New Institutional Economics and the Onshore Oil and Natural Gas Exploration and Production Activities in Mature Fields in Brazil. / "A nova economia institucional e as atividades de exploração e produção Onshore de petroléo e gás natural em campos maduros no Brasil"
Maria Regina Macchione de Arruda Zamith
DATA DE PUBLICAÇÃO
By Adopting the New Institutional Economics (NIE), and the theory of Transaction Cost Economics (TCE), this work discuss about the Brazilian institutional environment for oil and natural gas exploration and production (E&P), the regulation and main features. This study discusses the specificities related to the development of onshore activities on mature and/or marginal oil and gas fields. These areas are the majority on the Brazilian developed onshore segment. The Thesis sustains that such a segment of E&P activities needs a special treatment in terms of regulation and other public policies, aiming at to improving the entrance of new players in the sector and its long-term growing. For a comparative analysis, the study of the onshore activities development in Texas provides important insights to understand and criticize de Brazilian situation. The Thesis compares both realities in terms of the regulation and incentives programs, industrial structure, history of activities as well as the main role players by the respective Oil and Gas Regulator, the National Petroleum Agency (ANP) in Brazil, and the Texas Railroad Commission (TRC) in Texas. TRCs long experience in regulating Texas onshore oil and gas activities, whose present situation has similarities regarding to the Brazilian onshore areas (by their maturity), reveals a series of paths to improve Brazils oil and gas regulation and boost its onshore activities.
oil an natural gas regulation brazil petróleo e gás natural exploração produção oil and natural gas economic aspects petróleo e gás natural regulação brasil petróleo e gás natural aspecto econômico campos petrolíferos brasil oil and natural gas exploration production oil fiels brazil
- Mature and marginal oil fields: regulatory aspects
- Campos maduros e áreas de acumulações marginais de petróleo e gás natural: uma análise da atividade econômica no recôncavo baiano
- Perda do valor de recuperação em ativos de exploração e produção de petróleo e gás
- Contribuição para o planejamento brasileiro de exploração de petróleo e gás natural através da formulação de uma política nacional de uso sustentável das reservas de petróleo e gás natural
- Sensoriamento remoto ótico &exploração petrolífera onshore e offshore