The challenges of repositioning an international brand : a case study on the hospitality industry
DATA DE PUBLICAÇÃO
Much has been said in the literature about brand positioning, as well as about international branding and their importance on ever more competitive world marketplaces. Concerning repositioning, however, the literature is not extensive, and if the subject has been considered by a few scholars, it has been, as Ryan, Moroney, Geoghehan and Cunnigham (2007) noted “in passing” and “without elaboration”. It is nevertheless considered as an integral part of “strategic competition” (Porter, M., 1996, as cited in Ryan, P., Moroney, M., Geoghegan, W., Cunningham, J., 2007), as well as an element indispensable to corporate transformation (Dunphy, D., Stace, D., 1993, as cited in Ryan, P., Moroney, M., Geoghegan, W., Cunningham, J., 2007). Investigating it further, looking at it in an international setting, and understanding what challenges can arise when an international firm engages in such practice is thus of interest. This is conducted looking at the recent repositioning of Accor´s brand Sofitel from the high-end to the luxury market segment of the hospitality industry.
ACESSO AO ARTIGOhttp://hdl.handle.net/10438/8665
- Inovação em serviços : estudo de casos em uma organização da indústria hoteleira brasileira
- The challenges of organizing an international course in Latin America
- The Brazilian Wine Industry: a case study on geographical proximity and innovation dynamics
- Dinamica da inovação e mudanças estruturais : um estudo de caso da industria aeronautica mundial e a inserção brasileira
- Innovation of functional products in the brazilian dairy industry : case study of Elegê Alimentos S. A.