Synthesis and characterization of energetic thermoplastic elastomers for propellant formulations
Kawamoto, Aparecida M., Oliveira, José Irineu S., Dutra, Rita de Cássia L., Rezende, Luis Cláudio, Keicher, Thomas, Krause, Horst
J. Aerosp. Technol. Manag.
DATA DE PUBLICAÇÃO
Abstract: Synthesis and characterization of energetic ABA-type thermoplastic elastomers for propellant formulations has been carried out. Following the working plan elaborated, the synthesis and characterization of Poly 3-bromomethyl-3-methyl oxetane (PolyBrMMO), Poly 3- azidomethyl-3-methyl oxetane (PolyAMMO), Poly 3,3-bis-azidomethyl oxetane (PolyBAMO) and Copolymer PolyBAMO/AMMO (by TDI end capping) has been successfully performed. The thermoplastic elastomers (TPEs) were synthesized using the chain elongation process PolyAMMO, GAP and PolyBAMO by diisocyanates. In this method 2.4-toluene diisocyanate (TDI) is used to link block A (hardandmono-functional)) to B (soft and di-functional). For the hard A-block we used PolyBAMO and for the soft B-block we used PolyAMMO or GAP. This is ajoint project set up, someyears ago, between the Chemistry Division of the Institute of Aeronautics and Space (IAE) - subordinated to the Brazilian Ministry of Defense - and the Fraunhofer Institut Chemische Technologie (ICT), in Germany. The products were characterized by different techniques as IR- and (1H, 13C) NMR spectroscopies, elemental and thermal analyses. New methodologies based on FT-IR analysis have been developed as an alternative for the determination of the molecular weight and CHNO content of the energetic polymers.
- Antimicrobial Performance of Thermoplastic Elastomers Containing Zinc Pyrithione and Silver Nanoparticles
- Thermoplastic Elastomers Containing Zinc Oxide as Antimicrobial Additive Under Thermal Accelerated Ageing
- Thermoplastic elastomers blends based on linear low density polyethylene, ethylene-1-octene copolymers and ground rubber tire
- Synthesis and characterization of GAP/BAMO copolymers applied at high energetic composite propellants
- Preparation and characterization of thermoplastic starch/zein blends