SUSTENTABILIDADE NO USO DO FÓSFORO: UMA QUESTÃO DE SEGURANÇA HÍDRICA E ALIMENTAR
Pantano, Glaucia, Grosseli, Guilherme M., Mozeto, Antonio A., Fadini, Pedro S.
DATA DE PUBLICAÇÃO
The phosphorus used as fertilizer in agriculture is extracted from phosphate rocks, which after extraction reacts with sulfuric acid, releasing phosphoric acid, a raw material for the fertilizer industry. Studies point to a possible depletion of world reserves of phosphate rock in the next 50-100 years. A phosphorus scarcity is closely linked to global food security, given the dependence of soil fertilization to maintaining agricultural productivity within the current patterns of agribusiness. The application of fertilizers in soil and the sanitary sewers have been historically responsible for the larger eutrophication of water environments. In recent years, phosphorus has been seen as a finite resource and extremely important for the maintenance of the agricultural productivity. Therewith it is necessary investments to improve of fertilizers practices soils, safe technologies of organic waste reuse such as animal waste and phosphorus recovery, both released into water resource. Taking into account the depletion scenario of phosphorus deposits and eutrophication of water bodies, the water and phosphorus scarcity are among the most urgent environmental issues of the XXI century. Economic development, protection of public health, and maintenance of aquatic life are dependent of water availability and quality.
- Segurança alimentar e nutricional : uma questão de direito
- Agricultura de precisão no Brasil: avanços, dificuldades e impactos no manejo e conservação do solo, segurança alimentar e sustentabilidade.
- Saúde e segurança alimentar: a questão dos agrotóxicos
- Segurança e saúde no trabalho: uma questão mal compreendida
- A tecnologia de remoção de fósforo: gerenciamento do elemento em resíduos industriais