Spectra of Spontaneous Growth-Dependent and Adaptive Mutations at ebgR
Hall, Barry G.
American Society for Microbiology
A comparison of the spectra of spontaneous growth-dependent and adaptive mutations in ebgR shows that both spectra are dominated by insertion sequence (IS)-mediated mutations. The difference between growth-dependent mutations (61% IS mediated) and adaptive mutations (80% IS mediated) is highly significant (P < 0.0001). In contrast, the spectra of growth-dependent and adaptive non-IS-mediated mutations do not differ from each other and therefore do not provide support for the hypothesis that adaptive and growth-dependent mutations arise by substantially different mechanisms.
ACESSO AO ARTIGOhttp://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?artid=93491
- Adaptive Mutagenesis at ebgR Is Regulated by PhoPQ
- Growth-dependent alterations in oligomannosyl cores of glycopeptides.
- Growth-dependent and growth-independent translation of messengers for heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoproteins.
- Growth-dependent regulation of rRNA synthesis is mediated by a transcription initiation factor (TIF-IA).
- Growth-dependent expression of multiple species of DNA methyltransferase in murine erythroleukemia cells.