Soroprevalência de anticorpos anti-Toxocara spp. em ovinos na região de Presidente Prudente, São Paulo / Soroprevalence of anti-Toxocara spp. antibodies in ovine from Presidente Prudente, São Paulo state, Brazil
Paula Andreia Fabris Chesine
DATA DE PUBLICAÇÃO
The complex toxocariasis/larva migrans has been considered as one of the most important helminthosis wideworld. Human beings acquire the infection especially by ingestion of Toxocara spp. eggs present in contaminated soil. However, it is stated that human may become infected by ingesting raw or undercooked meat of paratenic hosts. The purpose of this study was to evaluate the frequency of anti-Toxocara antibodies in ovine from Presidente Prudente. Serum samples were obtained from 365 sheep of diverse breed and different ages. The collection of samples was done in a slaughter house as well as in some farms from Presidente Prudente, São Paulo. Three groups were evaluated. Group I: animals up to six months old; Group II: animals aging seven up to 10 months; Group III: animals aging more than 11 months. ELISA test was performed in order to detect antibodies (IgG) anti-Toxocara by using excretory-secretory antigens of T. canis (TES). One-hundred-three out of 365 animals (50.14%) showed antibodies anti-Toxocara. It was observed a significant difference among the analyzed groups, regarding age of animals. This finding suggests a proportional relationship between infection rate and aging. It is possible to assume that the high frequency of soropositive animals make possible the infection of human beings who consume ovine meat. It is also possible to consider the relevance of these animals in the epizootiology of Toxocara spp.
ACESSO AO ARTIGOhttp://tede.unoeste.br/tede/tde_busca/arquivo.php?codArquivo=232
- Prevalência e fatores associados à presença de anticorpos anti-Toxocara spp. em doadores de sangue de Presidente Prudente, São Paulo.
- PREVALENCE OF ANTIBODIES ANTI-Toxocara spp. IN CHILDRENS ASSISTED BY TWO HELATH SYSTEMS, AND RISK FACTOR ASSOCIATED TO TOXOCARIASIS, IN PRESIDENTE PRUDENTE, SÃO PAULO, BRAZIL.
- Contaminação de praças públicas de Presidente Prudente, São Paulo, Brasil, por ovos de Toxocara spp
- Identificação de anticorpos IgG anti-Toxocara em cavalos do México
- Casos autóctones de Fasciola hepatica na região de Presidente Prudente, São Paulo, Brasil