Simulação numérica de escoamentos multifásicos utilizando o sistema FreeFlow-2D. / Numerical simulation of multi-phase flows using the FreeFlow-2D system.
Fernando Luiz Pio dos Santos
DATA DE PUBLICAÇÃO
This work describes a method to expand the applicability of the system FreeFlow-2D in multi-phase flows problems. This method allows the simulation of incompressible free surface multi-phase flows. An arbitrary number of phases having different properties can be used. Surface and interface tension effects are also considered. The numerical technique is based on the GENSMAC (Generalized-Simplified-Marker-and-Cell) and it considers the properties varying according to the position of the interfaces in the flow. The velocity field is computed using the Navier-Stokes equations discretized by finite-difference on stagered grid. The method was implemented in three modules: the modeling module, the simulation module, and the visualization module. The validation was effected by comparing numerical results with analytical and experimental results. The method shown to be robust and computationally efficient in the problems considered.
- Analysis and implementation of non-Newtonian models in FreeFlow-2D system.
- "Simulação numérica de escoamentos viscoelásticos com superfície livre usando o ambiente FreeFlow-2D"
- Detailed Two-Dimensional Numerical Analysis of Multiphase Flows
- FREEFLOW-AXI: an axisymmetric free surface flow simulation system.
- NUMERICAL SIMULATION OF TWO-PHASE FLOW WITH INTERFACES