Development of an Immunochromatographic Test with Recombinant EMA-2 for the Rapid Detection of Antibodies against Babesia equi in Horses
American Society for Microbiology
An immunochromatographic test (BeICT) for the rapid detection of antibodies against Babesia equi was developed. It clearly differentiated B. equi-infected horses from B. caballi-infected and uninfected horses. The agreement with enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay results was 96.7% in the detection of field sera. The results suggest that BeICT is rapid, simple, reliable, and suitable for use to detect B. equi infection in the field.
ACESSO AO ARTIGOhttp://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?artid=321651
- Detection of Antibodies to Babesia equi in Horses by a Latex Agglutination Test Using Recombinant EMA-1
- Rapid Immunochromatographic Test Using Recombinant SAG2 for Detection of Antibodies against Toxoplasma gondii in Cats
- Antibody to a recombinant merozoite protein epitope identifies horses infected with Babesia equi.
- Evaluation of a Rapid Immunochromatographic Test for Detection of Antibodies to Human Immunodeficiency Virus
- Immunochromatographic Test for Rapid Detection of Streptococcus pneumoniae in the Nasopharynx