SBA-15 as a Support for Nickel-Based Catalysts for Polymerization Reactions
Schwanke, Anderson J., Favero, Cristiano, Balzer, Rosana, Bernardo-Gusmão, Katia, Pergher, Sibele B. C.
J. Braz. Chem. Soc.
DATA DE PUBLICAÇÃO
Two mesoporous SBA-15 materials with different morphologies (spherical and fiber-shaped) were synthesized and evaluated as supports for nickel-based catalysts for polymerization reactions. The supports were pretreated with trimethylaluminum (TMA), and the catalyst dibromo-bis(4-amino-2,3,5,6-tetramethylimino)acenaphthene nickel(II) was attached to the supports and activated with TMA or MAO (methylaluminoxane). Characterization showed that the insertion of cetyltrimethylammonium bromide (CTABr) as a cosurfactant led to spherical SBA-15 with a decrease in particle and pore sizes to 4.8 nm compared to 6.5 nm in traditional fiber-shaped SBA-15. The spherical SBA-15 showed thicker walls than the fiber-shaped SBA-15, attributed to the increase in functional groups of the cosurfactant. The different spherical and fiber-shaped morphologies did not show any significant difference in the productivity of polyethylene. The catalyst supported on spherical SBA-15 materials showed 58% productivity compared to its homogeneous analogue using TMA as a cocatalyst.
- DETERMINATION OF REACTIVITY AND THERMODYNAMIC ANALYSIS OF NICKEL-BASED OXYGEN CARRIERS FOR CHEMICAL-LOOPING COMBUSTION
- Residual Stresses Analysis in Ball end Milling of Nickel-Based Superalloy Inconel 718
- ProduÃÃo de biodiesel empregando catalisadores nanoestruturados do tipo SBA-15 modificada com lantÃnio
- Nickel-based Catalyst Precursor Prepared Via Microwave-induced Combustion Method: Thermodynamics of Synthesis and Performance in Dry Reforming of CH4
- Efeito da sílica nanoestruturada SBA-15 na apresentação antigênica e na resposta imune.