Resistance of Soybean Genotypes to Bemisia tabaci (Genn.) Biotype B (Hemiptera: Aleyrodidae)
Vieira, SS, Bueno, AF, Boff, MIC, Bueno, RCOF, Hoffman-Campo, CB
DATA DE PUBLICAÇÃO
The silverleaf whitefly Bemisia tabaci (Genn.) biotype B has become a serious problem for soybean cultivation because it can significantly reduce soybean productivity. The use of soybean cultivars resistant to whitefly attack is an important strategy in an integrated pest management (IPM) program. This study evaluated the preference for oviposition and colonization by B. tabaci biotype B on different soybean genotypes. In the free-choice test, the genotypes studied were 'IAC 17' and 'IAC 19' as the standards for resistance and 'IAC Holambra Stwart' as the standard for susceptibility, as well as BABR01-0492, BABR01-0173, BABR01-1259, BABR01-1576, BABR99-4021HC, BABR99-4021HP, 'Barreiras', 'Conquista', 'Corisco', 'BRS Gralha', PI274454, PI227687, and PI171451. In the no-choice test, the four best genotypes selected in the free-choice test, in addition to the susceptible and resistant standards were evaluated. Our data indicated 'Barreiras' as the most resistant genotype against B. tabaci biotype B. 'BRS Gralha', which was the least attractive to whitefly adults in the free-choice test, did not show resistance to insect attack when they were confined in cages in the no-choice test. Despite the high number of eggs observed, BABR01-1576 and BABR99-4021HC showed a reduced number of nymphs, indicating antibiosis. The genotypes with a high level of resistance can be used as a tool against B. tabaci in IPM or as a source of resistance in plant-breeding programs.
- Resistência de genótipos de tomateiro à Bemisia tabaci (Genn.) (Hemiptera: Aleyrodidae) biótipo B.
- Exigências Térmicas de Bemisia tabaci (Genn.) Biótipo B (Hemiptera: Aleyrodidae)
- Influence of trichomes on attractiveness and ovipositional preference of Bemisia tabaci (Genn.) B biotype (Hemiptera: Aleyrodidae) on tomato genotypes
- Silicon influence on resistance induction against Bemisia tabaci biotype B (Genn.) (Hemiptera: Aleyrodidae) and on vegetative development in two soybean cultivars
- Tabela de vida ecológica de Bemisia tabaci (Genn.) biótipo B (Hemiptera: Aleyrodidae)