Remote sensing of the chlorophyll-a based on OLI/Landsat-8 and MSI/Sentinel-2A (Barra Bonita reservoir, Brazil)
WATANABE, FERNANDA, ALCÂNTARA, ENNER, RODRIGUES, THANAN, ROTTA, LUIZ, BERNARDO, NARIANE, IMAI, NILTON
An. Acad. Bras. Ciênc.
DATA DE PUBLICAÇÃO
ABSTRACT In this present research, we assessed the performance of band algorithms in estimating chlorophyll-a (Chl-a) concentration based on bands of two new sensors: Operational Land Imager onboard Landsat-8 satellite (OLI/Landsat-8), and MultiSpectral Instrument onboard Sentinel-2A (MSI/Sentinel-2A). Band combinations designed for Thematic Mapper onboard Landsat-5 satellite (TM/Landsat-5) and MEdium Resolution Imaging Spectrometer onboard Envisat platform (MERIS/Envisat) were adapted for OLI/Landsat-8 and MSI/Sentinel-2A bands. Algorithms were calibrated using in situ measurements collected in three field campaigns carried out in different seasons. The study area was the Barra Bonita hydroelectric reservoir (BBHR), a highly productive aquatic system. With exception of the three-band algorithm, the algorithms were spectrally few affected by sensors changes. On the other hands, algorithm performance has been hampered by the bio-optical difference in the reservoir sections, drought in 2014 and pigment packaging.
- Analysis of cloud condition on Sentinel-2 MSI and Landsat-8 OLI images of a public supply lake in Belém-Pará-Brazil
- Integração de dados PALSAR-2/ALOS-2 e OLI/LANDSAT-8 para mapeamento de uso e cobertura da terra no Norte da Amazônia brasileira
- Procedimentos para cômputo do albedo com imagens OLI-Landsat 8: Aplicação ao semiárido brasileiro
- Temporal variability of chlorophyll-a in the São Vicente estuary
- Uso de imagens do LISS-3/Resourcesat-1 e do OLI/Landsat-8 no estudo espacial da queda do nível de água no lago de Furnas no ano de 2012