Relationship between macrofauna, mineralogy and exchangeable calcium and magnesium in Cerrado Oxisols under pasture.
VENDRAME, P. R. S.
Pesquisa Agropecuária Brasileira
DATA DE PUBLICAÇÃO
Abstract ? The objective of this work was to assess the relationship between macrofauna, mineralogy and exchangeable calcium and magnesium in Cerrado Oxisols under pasture. Twelve collection points were chosen in the Distrito Federal and in Formosa municipality, Goiás state, Brazil, representing four soil groups with varied levels of calcium + magnesium and kaolinite/(kaolinite + gibbsite) ratios. Soil macrofauna was collected in triplicate at each collection point, and identified at the level of taxonomic groups. Macrofauna density showed correlation with contents of kaolinite, gibbsite and exchangeable Ca + Mg in the soils. Mineralogy and exchangeable Ca + Mg had significant effects on taxonomic groups and relative density of soil macrofauna. The termites (Isoptera) were more abundant in soils with low exchangeable Ca + Mg; earthworms (Oligochaeta), in soils with high levels of kaolinite; and Hemiptera and Coleoptera larvae were more abundant in gibbsitic soils with higher contents of total carbon.
ACESSO AO ARTIGOhttp://www.alice.cnptia.embrapa.br/handle/doc/660989
- Fertility and acidity status of latossolos (oxisols) under pasture in the Brazilian Cerrado
- Soil nitrate level variation under intensive nitrogen fertilized coastcross pasture.
- Relações entre macrofauna, mineralogia, cálcio e magnésio trocáveis em Latossolos do Cerrado sob pastagem
- Reduction of exchangeable calcium and magnesium in soil with increasing pH
- Clay mineralogy and magnetic susceptibility of Oxisols in geomorphic surfaces