Reference index and reduction in physical fitness tests proposed by PROESP-BR
Brandão, Camila Fernanda, Fontes, José Henrique de Queiróz, Zavala, Arturo Alejandro Zavala, Fett, Waléria Christiane Rezende, Santos, Roberto Jaime dos, Fett, Carlos Alexandre
Motriz: rev. educ. fis.
DATA DE PUBLICAÇÃO
Abstract The purpose of this study was to create an unifying index of the PROESP-BR tests for school aged teenagers and propose a reduction in the physical fitness tests. A total of 414 adolescents between the ages of 15 and 17 years old, representative of the public school population in the city of Cuiaba were evaluated. The tests include general physical fitness, proposed by PROESP-BR. Multivariate factorial analysis was used, observing the commonality/representativeness of each test with regard to the set, and the index was created for girls and boys. With this analysis we can choose to use the following tests: female - throwing medicine ball, horizontal jump and run 20 meters; male - throwing medicine ball, representing the overall performance. The created index was divided into quintiles and allowed you to view the whole performance of the six tests, as well as their distribution within the group and away from the ideal reference.
- Body mass index and physical fitness in Brazilian adolescents
- Mapas e cenários do crescimento, da aptidão física e dos indicadores sociais georreferenciados de crianças e jovens sul-brasileiros: atlas do Projeto Esporte Brasil (PROESP-BR)
- Reduction of variation in results of rheumatoid factor tests by use of a serum reference preparation.
- Adherence to Southern European Atlantic Diet and physical fitness on the atherogenic index of plasma in adolescents
- Assessment of physical activity, and physical fitness, in population surveys.