Recording daily routines with guidance on healthy lifestyle to improve health parameters in children and their families
Pereira, Raiane Maiara dos Santos, Rauber, Suliane Beatriz, Ramos, Isabela Almeida, Andrade, Daniel Tavares de, Militão, Angeliete Garcez, Moraes, José Fernando Vila Nova de, Simões, Herbert Gustavo, Campbell, Carmen Sílvia Grubert
Motriz: rev. educ. fis.
DATA DE PUBLICAÇÃO
Abstract This study investigated the efficacy of using a diary to record daily routines, combined with guidance on healthy lifestyle (GHL) by a physical educator, on promoting changes in health parameters in children. Sixty-three children (10 ± 0.8 years) were allocated to one of the three following groups: a control group (CON, n = 18); a group that did not use the diary, but received GHL (G, n = 23); or a group that both used the diary and received GHL (DG, n = 22). Blood pressure, body composition, physical fitness tests (PF), physical activity levels (PAL), and dietary intake profiles were assessed in children and their parents before and after 2 months of intervention. The DG group improved their performance in PF, increased PAL, and reduced body fat (p < 0.05). Additionally, 56% of families from both DG and G reduced their consumption of unhealthy foods and 70,6% increased their consumption of healthy foods. Overall, it was concluded that 2 months of using a diary to record daily routines combined with GHL by a physical educator improved PAL, PF, body composition, and dietary intake profiles of children and their families.
- Oral health-related quality of life of children with oral clefts and their families
- Homeless families and their children's health problems. A Utah urban experience.
- Growing up with a Chronic Disease. The Impact on Children and their Families
- Are general practitioners doing enough to promote healthy lifestyle? Findings of the Medical Research Council's general practice research framework study on lifestyle and health.
- CLINICAL STUDIES IN BEHAVIOUR THERAPY WITH CHILDREN, ADOLESCENTS, THEIR FAMILIES