Reasons of Atlantic Forest recovery in the state of São Paulo / Determinantes da recuperação da Mata Atlântica no Estado de São Paulo.
Eduardo Mazzaferro Ehlers
DATA DE PUBLICAÇÃO
Over the last decade, some two hundred municipalities in the state of São Paulo increased the area of Atlantic Forest, and since most of them are adjacent areas they are starting to show up as authentic spots of recovering forests on the map of the State. The present thesis seeks to identify the major factors underpinning this unprecedented increase. The initial premise was that the recovery of the Atlantic Forest was associated with the increasing number of ventures protecting natural heritage and promoting its economic exploitation. The study shows that compliance with the legislation, resulting from enhanced enforcement, along with a reduction in farming and livestockbreeding activities that allowed the natural growth of the vegetation, were the main drivers of the recovery of the Atlantic Forest over the last decade. However, as initially assumed, a rare combination of private enterprise and forest conservation can be witnessed in some areas of São Paulo State. This synergy has not arisen by chance; it mainly depends on the existence of institutional agreements among public and private players committed to the conservation of the natural heritage.
- Diversidade de cianobactérias na filosfera da mata atlântica do estado de São Paulo
- Diversity of edaphic ants (Hymenoptera: Formicidae) in fragments of the Atlantic Forest of the State of São Paulo, Brazil.
- Diversidade de Bacteria e Archaea em solos de Mata Atlântica no estado de São Paulo
- Efeitos da fragmentação de habitat sobre a comunidade de pequenos mamíferos de Mata Atlântica no Estado de São Paulo
- Soil and litter characterization of the Atlantic Forest throughout the altitudinal gradient, São Paulo State