Rapid detection of Salmonella Typhi by loop-mediated isothermal amplification (LAMP) method
Abdullah, J., Saffie, N., Sjasri, F.A.R., Husin, A., Abdul-Rahman, Z., Ismail, A., Aziah, I., Mohamed, M.
Braz. J. Microbiol.
DATA DE PUBLICAÇÃO
An in-house loop-mediated isothermal amplification (LAMP) reaction was established and evaluated for sensitivity and specificity in detecting the presence of Salmonella Typhi (S. Typhi) isolates from Kelantan, Malaysia. Three sets of primers consisting of two outer and 4 inner were designed based on locus STBHUCCB_38510 of chaperone PapD of S. Typhi genes. The reaction was optimised using genomic DNA of S. Typhi ATCC7251 as the template. The products were visualised directly by colour changes of the reaction. Positive results were indicated by green fluorescence and negative by orange colour. The test was further evaluated for specificity, sensitivity and application on field samples. The results were compared with those obtained by gold standard culture method and Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR). This method was highly specific and -10 times more sensitive in detecting S. Typhi compared to the optimised conventional polymerase chain reaction (PCR) method.
- Rapid and sensitive detection of Bordetella bronchiseptica by loop-mediated isothermal amplification (LAMP)
- MALARIA DIAGNOSIS BY LOOP-MEDIATED ISOTHERMAL AMPLIFICATION (LAMP) IN THAILAND
- Development and evaluation of a loop-mediated isothermal amplification (LAMP) assay for rapid detection of Actinobacillus pleuropneumoniae based the dsbE-like gene
- Sensitive and Rapid Detection of Edwardsiellosis in Fish by a Loop-Mediated Isothermal Amplification Method
- Loop-mediated isothermal amplification of DNA