Quality Index Method (QIM) to assess the freshness and shelf life of fish
Bernardi, Daniella Cristina, Mársico, Eliane Teixeira, Freitas, Mônica Queiroz de
Braz. arch. biol. technol.
DATA DE PUBLICAÇÃO
The aim of this work was to develop a sensory method as the objective measure of quality of the fishes at all the key stages of fishery chain, from catch to consumer. The Quality Index Method (QIM) is based on a structured scaling for quality measurements and provides accurate and precise information concerning the freshness and a prediction of the remaining shelf-life for specie-specific fishes. The method is discussed and some future outlooks and need are pointed in order to stimulate the implementation of QIM in the relevant parts of the fishery chain giving unique information of the quality.
- Desenvolvimento de metodologia de Quality Index Method (QIM) em sardinha-verdadeira (Sardinella brasiliensis).
- Integrated biomarker response index using a Neotropical fish to assess the water quality in agricultural areas
- Survival analysis and cut-off point to estimate the shelf life of refrigerated fish burgers
- Bacteriological quality and shelf life of ground beef.
- Predictive Modeling of the Shelf Life of Fish under Nonisothermal Conditions