Qualification of Magnesium/Teflon/Viton Pyrotechnic Composition Used in Rocket Motors Ignition System
Barros, Luciana de, Pinheiro, Afonso Paulo Monteiro, Câmara, Josemar da Encarnação, Iha, Koshun
J. Aerosp. Technol. Manag.
DATA DE PUBLICAÇÃO
ABSTRACT The application of fluoropolymers in highenergy-release pyrotechnic compositions is common in the space and defense areas. Pyrotechnic compositions of magnesium/Teflon/Viton are widely used in military flares and pyrogen igniters for igniting the solid propellant of a rocket motor. Pyrotechnic components are considered highrisk products as they may cause catastrophic accidents if initiated or ignited inadvertently. To reduce the hazards involved in the handling, storage and transportation of these devices, the magnesium/Teflon/Viton composition was subjected to various sensitivity tests, DSC and had its stability and compatibility tested with other materials. This composition obtained satisfactory results in all the tests, which qualifies it as safe for production, handling, use, storage and transportation.
- Swirl Injection Effects on Hybrid Rocket Motors
- Study of plasticizer diffusion in a solid rocket motor´s bondline
- Experimental Study of Polyurethane-Based Fuels with Addition of Paraffin and Aluminum for Hybrid Rocket Motors
- Magnesium Starvation of Aerobacter aerogenes I. Changes in Nucleic Acid Composition
- Low-magnesium calcite produced by coralline algae in seawater of Late Cretaceous composition