Preservative effects of rosemary extract (Rosmarinus officinalis L.) on quality and storage stability of chicken meat patties
AL-HIJAZEEN, M., AL-RAWASHDEH, M.
Food Sci. Technol
DATA DE PUBLICAÇÃO
Abstract The effect of different level of rosemary extract (RE) (Rosmarinus officinalis Linn.) cultivated in Jordan, and other preservative on quality and stability of ground chicken meat was investigated. Treatments, were involved 1) Control (No additive), 2) 300 ppm (RE), 3) 350 ppm RE, 4) 300 ppm L-Ascorbic acid (E-300), 5) 200 ppm Sodium nitrite (E-250), 6) 5 ppm butylatedhydroxyanisole (BHA) for breast, and 14 ppm for thigh meat were prepared. TBARS, total carbonyl, and color values, were measured and analyzed at 0, 4, and 7 day. Samples of cooked thigh meat were prepared, and sensory evaluation was reported. Cooking loss %, ultimate pH, and total aldehydes were analyzed. Both RE and E-250 were showed the highest significant effect maintaining low values of TBARS and total carbonyl at 7 day. However, no significant differences were found among all treatments measuring ultimate pH values, and their cooking loss %. The RE and E-250 also showed the highest significant effect delaying aldehydes formation, and positively affect meat sensory attributes. In conclusion, RE (350 ppm) was very effective antioxidant and comparable to the other commercial antioxidants. Thus, RE could be a good substitution to many synthetic antioxidants used in meat industry.
- The effects of acute administration of the hydroalcoholic extract of rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis L.) (Lamiaceae) in animal models of memory
- Effect of direct adding oregano essential oil (Origanum syriacum L.) on quality and stability of chicken meat patties
- Effect of rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis) extract on the biodistribution of 99mTc sulphur colloid and on the radiolabeled blood constituents
- Avaliação do efeito do extrato aquoso e da fração fenólica livre do Alecrim (Rosmarinus officinalis L.) sobre o estado antioxidante e o perfil lipídico em ratos com hipercolesterolemia induzida pela dieta
- Rosemary and Pitanga Aqueous Leaf Extracts On Beef Patties Stability under Cold Storage