Precisão da técnica de absorciometria de raios-x de dupla energia na determinação da composição corporal em gatos
Borges, N.C., Vasconcellos, R.S., Canola, J.C., Paula, F.J.A., Carciofi, A.C., Pereira, G.T.
Arquivo Brasileiro de Medicina Veterinária e Zootecnia
DATA DE PUBLICAÇÃO
A short-term precision error of the individual subject and the DEXA technique, such as the effect of the repositioning of the cat on the examination table, were established. Four neutered adult cats (BW=4342g) and three females (BW=3459g) were submitted to five repeated scans with and without repositioning between them. Precision was estimated from the mean of the five measurements and expressed by the individual coefficient of variation (CV). The precision error of the technique was estimated by the variance of scan pool (n=35) and expressed in CV for the technique (CVt). The degrees of freedom and confidence intervals were determined to avoid underestimation of precision errors. Bone mineral content (BMC), lean mass (LM), and fat mass (FM) averages were higher (P<0.05) when animals were repositioned. The CVt was significantly higher (P<0.05) for bone mineral density (BMD), LM, and FM when the animals were repositioned. For short-term precision measurements, the repositioning of the animal was important to establish the precision of the technique. The dual energy x-ray absorptiometry method provided precision for body composition measurements in adult cats.
- Composição corporal de idosas diabéticas tipo 2: antropometria vs absorcimetria de raios-X de dupla energia
- Modelos preditivos da composiÃÃo corporal utilizando a antropometria e a absortometria de raios-x de dupla energia
- Microdensitometria de filmes de raios-X usando raios-X
- Determinação de arsênio em águas contaminadas usando fluorescência de raios-X por energia dispersiva
- Estudo de uma tecnica pulsante de difração de raios-X