Post-encephalitic Parkinsonism: current experience
The diagnosis of post-encephalitic Parkinsonism is rarely entertained today. In this paper we discuss eight recent patients, six of whom presented in the last 20 years, that conform to the diagnosis of encephalitis lethargica. The clinical features by which the diagnosis may be made are defined so that a contemporary definition of this disorder may be attained.
ACESSO AO ARTIGOhttp://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?artid=491086
- POST-ENCEPHALITIC PARKINSONISM WITH AMYOTROPHY
- Histocompatibility antigens and post-encephalitic Parkinsonism.
- Curvature of the spine in post-encephalitic parkinsonism.
- No viral antigens detected in brain tissue from a case of acute encephalitis lethargica and another case of post-encephalitic parkinsonism.
- Beneficial effect of physostigmine on clinical amnesic behaviour and neuropsychological test results in a patient with a post-encephalitic amnesic syndrome.