Pleural fluid accumulation due to intra-abdominal endometriosis: a case report and review of the literature.
Flanagan, K. L.
A case is presented of massive ascites and right sided pleural effusion caused by endometriosis. The final diagnosis was not made for a considerable time. Massive ascites and a right sided pleural effusion caused by endometriosis is rare, with fewer than 10 reports in the literature worldwide. Physicians should be aware of this potentially tentially treatable cause, having excluded other possibilities such as malignancy and tuberculosis.
ACESSO AO ARTIGOhttp://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?artid=472672
- A CASE OF INTRA-ABDOMINAL PREGNANCY
- Pleural fluid accumulation due to endometriosis.
- Autoimmune progesterone dermatitis in a patient with endometriosis: case report and review of the literature
- Subacute bacterial endocarditis due to Actinobacillus actinomycetemcomitans. Report of a case with a review of the literature.
- Pressão intra-abdominal em cães