Phytochemical profile of the stems of Aeonium lindleyi
Kennedy, María L.
Revista Brasileira de Farmacognosia
DATA DE PUBLICAÇÃO
Aeonium species are plants rich in phenols and terpenoids and have been widely used in the Canary folk medicine. Following our project concerning bioactive compounds from Macaronesian region, a phytochemical study was carried out to investigate the constituents of the stems of Aeonium lindleyi Webb & Berthel.,Crassulaceae. Air dried and chopped stems of this plant were extracted with ethanol in a Soxhlet apparatus and the total extract was chromatographed on silica gel to afford sixteen known compounds including, one sterol, four lupane triterpenes and eleven phenolic compounds. Their structures were elucidated by means of ¹H- and 13C-NMR spectroscopic studies and comparison of their spectral data with values in the literature. Both group of isolated metabolites are known by their diverse biological activities and they have been described as antioxidant, cytotoxic, anti-inflammatory. Our results contribute to the knowledge of A. lindleyi as a potential source of bioactive compounds.
- Phytochemical Profile of Pasture Weeds from the Brazilian Cerrado
- Phytochemical profile and antimicrobial properties of Lotus spp. (Fabaceae)
- Biological activities and phytochemical profile of Passiflora mucronata from the Brazilian restinga
- Phytochemical profile, toxicity and antioxidant activity of Aloysia gratissima (Verbenaceae)
- Phytochemical profile and analgesic evaluation of Vitex cymosa leaf extracts